Complaint Review: TDS Telecom

• Reported By: allimack — IRON CITY Tennessee
TDS Telecom
Nationwide USA

TDS Telecom Unacceptable service Nationwide

Before we bought our house, I called TDS to confirm we could get **High** speed internet. I was told that yes, it was available in our area. We needed high speed because my husband and I both telework for an out of state company. (We do NOT have a home business; this is regular employment via telework.) We bought the house, moved in, and internet speeds were adequate, usually running between 3-5 mg through DSL.

Fast forward four years. For the better part of the last 12 months we cannot get over 1 mg of speed. The last three months, it's normal for us to get speeds of 0.66, .75 or 0.80.

We have called the company at least a dozen times. They've sent a technician out a half-dozen times. The technician is very nice, and very professional. And the technician also says they have NO idea if TDS will ever come out to the rural box and repair / replace / upgrade what is needed to get the speed back up. The technician is upfront and says there is nothing that can be done.

TDS, if you are reading this, let me say in NO uncertain terms that your capacity issues are Not My Problem.

I read through many complaints on the Facebook page for TDS. Scenarios like mine are a common occurrence!!

How is this company still signing up new customers? How are they still in business?

Better Business Bureau is our next call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2014 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TDS-Telecom/nationwide/TDS-Telecom-Unacceptable-service-Nationwide-1167460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TDS Telecom