Complaint Review: TECH SUPPLY KING

TECH SUPPLY KING Tech Stop Illinois Fake website Chicago Illinois

*General Comment: Works for me

*Consumer Comment: No Problems Win 7 Pro

*Consumer Comment: No Win 7 DL Problem

*Author of original report: More Proof that the Tech Supply King site is fake.

I was looking to purchase Microsoft Windows 7 and was looking for the lowest price. I did a search 3/27/2014 and Tech Supply King showed the lowest price.The prices seemed too low and it caused me to look harder into this website. I did a web search on how to identify a fake site, and found a tool called Copyscape.

Copyscape looks at all sites and compares the info to find simularities on other websites. It found Tech Stop Illinois and Tech Supply King are very simular, almost the same, only a few details were different. I read the info on Tech Supply King on 3/27/2014 and the business address was 1046 W Kinzie St. Chicago, IL 60642. This address was Googled and it was a possible vacant office space for lease. I looked agian the day after and the address was changed to 2483 Patterson Fork Road, Chicago,IL 60610.

I did a search for that location and wasn't able to find this as a real address. The change was resently done because the old Kinzie address was still on the web page, but the Patterson Fork Road address came up on the search results for Tech Supply King.

The site looked like it is a site that will steal your personal info and credit info.

A lot of peaple, including myself, are looking to upgrade from Windows XP, since support by Microsoft is being discontinued.

A site like this may be looking to capitalize on the flood of comsumers looking for a newer Windows version.

Avoid this site!

There is a great chance that you will be scamed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2014 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TECH-SUPPLY-KING/Chicago-Illinois-60610/TECH-SUPPLY-KING-Tech-Stop-Illinois-Fake-website-Chicago-Illinois-1134428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TECH SUPPLY KING

#1 General Comment

Works for me

AUTHOR: John - ()

I have bought multiple copies of Windows 7 to upgrade a variety of systems.  I have found the site to be responsive and progessional.  I have had no problems with either downloading the software or use of the Activation Keys that have been supplied.  While there is always the concern to "...use at your own risk." I have found this site to be on the up-and-up.

No Problems Win 7 Pro

AUTHOR: computergirl - ()

I had no problems with my Tech Supply king installation.   It worked perfectly!   I read all these reports and others and was very nervous.  The longest and hardest part is downloading the install file.  The site referred me to tech who walked me through the download... 2 1/2 hours download time.   I went back to instructions to download to my Desktop tonight  and NO PROBLEMS!  perfect.   I read online about sites giving out bad Product Keys... it worked!  NOT A SCAM! I will buy from them again.

No Win 7 DL Problem

AUTHOR: lonestar - ()

I had no problem downloading and installing WIN 7 from Tech Supply King. I had a minor issue in settinng up the bootable Flash drive and their tech support was excellent. I purchased two licenses for  2 computers and both vere valid. I see no fault with this company and I certainly have no complaint with their price.

More Proof that the Tech Supply King site is fake.

AUTHOR: Lost1too - ()

The site says it located in Illinois but it will not charge Illinois resident sales tax.

It says if you live in Florida or Canada you will have to pay 6% sales tax.

Anyone who knows how sales tax are charged will know if you are based in a state, and sell to a customer inside that state, you will have to add sales tax to that transaction.

The site also says it works with Netscape, which is not a browser that is in wide use anymore, and is probally obsolite.

Do not waste your money, and expose your personal and financial information!!