Complaint Review: TECHon Digital

TECHondigital.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-425-9933
  • Web:
  • Category: tempdir

TECHon Digital TECHon Digital is a disgrace to unsuspecting consumers . . Nationwide

Canon Powershot A720 IS, 8.0 Megapixel, 6x Optical/4x Digital Zoom, Digital Camera $ 179.00 $ 179.00

Sub Total: $ 179.00
Discount: $ 0.00
Shipping: $ 8.49
Shipping Method: Ground 7-10 Business Days
Tax: $ 0.00
Grand Total: $ 187.49
Thank you for shopping with us.
Phone: 877-425-9933

This was "supposedly" the order I placed with this SO CALLED company. I received an email . . just like everyone else . . . that I needed to "confirm" my order? I was confused, but called. First I talked with "James" whom talked fast with a heavy Bronx accent. He put me on hold. Then I talked with "Travis" whom suspiciously sounded just like "James". I am given a hardsell that I needed another memory card that would allow this camera to take pictures quickly with no wait between pictures. I could have this "deal for $159.99".

When I backed up and declined, another pause, and then he would "give" me the memory card for only $79.97. I told him I needed to look at my receipt and went to get it. He got very rude, telling me that my order was for $187.49 and was thoroughly aggravated that I would have the audacity to go "look" for my receipt. He placed me on hold, while I was looking and finally got back on the phone with another "deal". Because I bought the JAPANESE version of this camera, I could get the American one for more money but then I could have the memory card for $59.97 and he would throw in a camera case as a bonus. He was extremely rude and when I hesitated, became increasingly rude and condescending. I told him to cancel this order. Which he supposed did.

I called back to verify this order was cancelled and while I couldn't be sure, swore it was the same guy with a different name. I wish that someone out there would start protecting the public from these vermin. There is no address listed anywhere on the website and the hours listed are NOT necessarily consistent working hours. Today . . . October 9th, at 2:00 Central time, this company is closed. I am SO glad I canceled this order and would be most grateful to see this company and James/Travis charged with fraud and sent to Japan!!

Tahoka, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2008 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TECHon-Digital/nationwide/TECHon-Digital-TECHon-Digital-is-a-disgrace-to-unsuspecting-consumers-Nationwide-379738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TECHon Digital