Complaint Review: TESOL Asia

• Submitted: Sun, February 17, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By: TESOL — Internet Thailand
TESOL Asia

TESOL Asia Paul Robertson tesol, certificate, teaching english, fake certificate Internet

Hello,

I would like to report an internet scam ripping off American citizens as well as other English speaking persons contemplating teaching English for a living.

They offer so called TESOL certificates.
Their website: http://www.tesol.asia

They are supposedly accredited by ITAA (http://www.i-taa.com) which is in fact a self accreditation: ITAA has no official legitimacy as an accreditation body, and their members of the board are the same as the ones operating TESOL Asia.

I subscribed to this course.
Unfortunately, they didn't send the the whole course despite of repeated emails asking them for the missing modules. None of my assignments got any feedback at all, or was corrected.

I had to open a dispute with Paypal (through which I paid the course) as they suddenly stopped all communication with me. Communication was resumed once they were informed of the dispute. I suspended the dispute process as they apologised for the lack of communication and gave me some sort of excuse.

They sent me the certificate with a wrong name on it despite me providing them with the proper name during the registration, and on their request.

They were supposed to send a new corrected certificate, which never happened.

And they have decided not to reply to my emails.

The members of the board of accreditation agency are the same person than those running TESOL Asia.

It is important to be noted that my certificate was not accepted by any employer due to the misspelling on my name on it, that didn't match my name on my passport.

This smells more than fishy and I would certainly NOT recommend this course to anyone serious about getting a TESOL certificate, it is a waste of time and money, no tot say a total rip off.

I can support all this by sharing with you the exchange of emails I had with them.

This kind of business should be shut down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 07:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TESOL-Asia/internet/TESOL-Asia-Paul-Robertson-tesol-certificate-teaching-english-fake-certificate-Internet-1015923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TESOL Asia