Complaint Review: TGM Digital; Supacam

• Submitted: Sat, March 08, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 02, 2010

• Reported By:Manchester Maine
TGM Digital; Supacam
1639 Eleventh St, Suite 100 Santa Monica, California U.S.A.

TGM Digital; Supacam Supacam company doesn't send refund for new camera; instead returned camera to me. Santa Monica California

*Consumer Comment: Address Unknown

*Author of original report: PLEASE NOTE: TGM Digital (Supacam) has new address & phone number.

*Author of original report: Yes, Michael, I do exist.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Well if you get to read this last rebutt, read Summary

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Who ever you are????

*Author of original report: Full refund! Minus my shipping and my labor. But still...

*Author of original report: How TGM Digital customer service works (or doesn't)

*Author of original report: TGM Digital. Still no response, even after camera has been returned.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Are you for real??

*Author of original report: Still no response from SUPACAM / TGM Electronics

TGM Digital, who manufactures the Supacam digital video camcorder, says they will refund. THere are several "hoops" to jump through, one of which is that you have to get a refund regiwstration number from the company before you can send back the camera. You also have to include a copy of the original receipt, of course. Plus, you only have 14 days to return the item once they issue a registration number.

I bought the camera at a medical conference from their representative on the exhibitor floor. It was meant as a gift, but, as it turned out, was not needed. I contacted the company who issued a refund number to me. Then, with the Christmas holiday upon us, plus being unable to locate the original credit card receipt for a couple of weeks, I didn't send the camera back for about 8 weeks. It was packed in all the original packaging and was unused. They sent it back, saying I was way too late to get a refund.

Thereafter, were some e-mails - eventually they offered to refund the camera price, minus 15% "restocking fee", which amounted to about $50. I thought this was unfair and excessive, demanded a full refund, but in order to end this, offered to give them a $20 restocking fee. Their response was that they couldn't let customers set the policy.

We are at a standstill. I have the camera back again, but still want the refund. I filed electronically with the Better Business Bureau several weeks ago, but have not heard back from either the BBB or from the company.

Hence the rip-off report. I am prepared to back up the facts I have stated with copies of the email communication between us thus far.

Richard
Manchester, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2008 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TGM-Digital-Supacam/Santa-Monica-California-90404/TGM-Digital-Supacam-Supacam-company-doesnt-send-refund-for-new-camera-instead-returned-315968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TGM Digital; Supacam

Address Unknown

AUTHOR: jb - (USA)

It appears that TGM Digital is no longer in Camarillo CA... or anywhere else in the US.

The last address given here:
    TGM Digital
    360 Mobil Ave   (not "Mobile")
    Camarillo CA 93010

must be out of date.

The phone number
   805-482-2272
may be correct.

The Santa Monica address and phone are out of date.

I cannot find
or
   Supacam
either together or separately anywhere using internet tools.

PLEASE NOTE: TGM Digital (Supacam) has new address & phone number.

360 Mobile Ave.
Camarillo, CA 93010
Tel: (805) 482-2272

Yes, Michael, I do exist.

AUTHOR: Ralanein - (U.S.A.)

I haven't looked at this website since receiving the refund I wrote about above and finished writing my version of the story. However, a woman called me just now to ask how I got in touch with the company, since she wants to return a camera she bought as well. So I looked here to see what it was that she read.
Well, Micahel, you are not nearly as good a reasearcher as you make us think you are, though I'm actully relieved to know that I am not traceable through the information you have from this website.
I am not a mean-spirited or nasty human being. Professionally, I am a physician. More about me you do not, nor should you, need to know. I bought the camera at a medical conference and was frustrated that your company was unable to make the return process easier. There are others I have spoken to who have had the same experience, and I hope they will make there voices heard as well.
Nothing more to add - anyone can read the thread from beginning to end, which I hope is . . . now.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Well if you get to read this last rebutt, read Summary

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

If this customer truly exists. He has never contacted me, after repeated requests for him to do so. Supacam prides itself on customer satisfaction...

This customer wanted to return a camera after 8 weeks..(3 Months actually)
The camera comes with a 30 day return policy....

The customers is charged a 15% restocking fee...because its over 30days The customer doesn't want to pay the restocking fee.
So he just sends the camera back... no RMA # quoted no reference what so ever....

Customer contacts better Better Business Bureau who doesnt respond because the customer is a nut job, and he cant understand why they don't respond to him??? Simple he has no grounds to stand on..

So this is not working so he writes a Ripp Off report..after he has received his refund, apparently in full..

Conclusion....This is a vindictive nasty human being..However I dont think he exists, after doing research he actually does not exist..
So my conclusion, its either extortion tactic..
Or competitor, or x-employee..You will notice that we have very few unsatisfied customers..

Michael VP marketing/customer Service

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

As you can see, there is 1 other occurrence like yours, and in both cases you are trying to return
the lady who you refer to, as having the same issue....

We have been in Business for 8 years and have alway made sure that our customers
are satisfied.-we are all about customer service..

So to bad mouth us, because we offered to take your camera back after 3 moths with a
15% restocking fee, is far from fair on your part..

Please call the office (323) 310-6641505 and ask for me...Michael, or leave a message with your details.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Lets resolve this issue...

Full refund! Minus my shipping and my labor. But still...

AUTHOR: Ralanein - (U.S.A.)

So here's what finally happened.
I sent back the camera. Then, when I didn't hear from them for several weeks, called the CS rep. He told me that there was no record of the camera's return, and could I send the tracking number to help them find the item. Why? Apparently there are times when UPS delivers to the wrong office in their building (?) and the signature of receipt helps them find out who signed for the package. OK, I found the tracking receipt that I luckily kept after the delivery of the camera (lesson - always keep the receipt until you have the cash), sent them them a copy, and they found the camera. Then, they needed the original credit card number in order to return the full purchase price. They don't keep the receipts (!) according to their accountant. I explained that the original card no longer existed, since my card was involved in a security breach and I had been sent a new card number back in January. Couldn't they send the refund to my new card? Apparently not. Their accountant required the original number. I was assured that if the refund went to the original card number, it would be forwarded to my current account by the card company. I told them I was uncomfortable with this arrangement, as I would have no way of tracking THEIR actions. But after several more messages, was told that this was the only way to get it done, and all would be OK. So, after a call to my bank and a few days wait, I was able to get my original card number to them. Finally, after another couple of weeks I called to ask that they expidite the process, and notify me when they made the refund so that I could watch for the money. Lo and behold, the money, all of it, turned up in my account later that week.
Camera purchased on 10/14/07. Refund received 8/12/08.
The End!

How TGM Digital customer service works (or doesn't)

AUTHOR: Ralanein - (U.S.A.)

Since filing the last update I've had some contact with the company. Actually, I had to call them to find out what was going on, as they had not yet even responded to receipt of the camera. Turns out, according to their CS Rep, there was no record of their having received the camera at all, even though the USPS had showed delivery in May! That explains why I never heard from them.

Their explanation - sometimes packages have been delivered to the neighbors, who apparently sign for them, then don't tell THEIR neighbors that they'd made a mistake and give the package to them.

Their remedy - ask me to send them the USPS tracking number so they can confirm the signature and date of delivery, and presumably find the camera! So, once again the onus is on me to solve their problem in order to get the refund they promised. Another time-consuming task as well, it turned out.

Luckily, after a few days, I was able to find the little green slip with the tracking number. There is no way to retrieve the number otherwise. (Lesson - when dealing with returns and refunds, always keep the tracking number until the refund is in your hand. Don't discard it once you have evidence that your package has been delivered.) In this case, I was able to forward the USPS webpage showing the date of delivery, as well as the tracking number.

Once they had received this, they were quick to say that the refund process would begin. That was on June 20. It's probably still too early to expect a refund (10 days now), so I'll update when the transaction is finished. Just want to get the facts down while they are fresh.

Ralanein

TGM Digital. Still no response, even after camera has been returned.

AUTHOR: Ralanein - (U.S.A.)

The Better Business Bureau facilitated a resoinse from the company - they would refund me in full, and they sent me a new RMA #. I sent the camera back, which they received on May 21 according to the USPS tracking info. To this date I have not heard from the company, nor received my "check in the mail." I'll certainly post the final outcome here once it is known.

Michael (Owner), Yes, I am for real. So is the other person who had the same experience and whose report you can read at the link below.

#12 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Are you for real??

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Im not sure if this is a joke or not, but this is unheard of at Supacam..
Why is there no contact email, and who were u talking to???
If you were offered a 15% restocking fee after 3 months thats extremely fair.
Most retail stores are at 20% plus, try returning anything to Best Buy or Circuit City
or anywhere after 3 months/

Anyway if you are real, lets resolve your issue Im (((Ror redacted)))

Look forward to hearing from you.....

AUTHOR: Ralanein - (U.S.A.)

I've written to the Better Business Bureau of Southern California, now twice, but to this date have had no response from them, nor from the company. The BBB site states that they will forward my comments to the company within 10 days of receipt. It is now past a month since the original posting. I'll try again, as I think companies, as well as advocacy groups should be held to the same standard.
Be careful of the fine print and the steps you must take to return a camera to TGM for refund.