Complaint Review: THD At-Home Services - The Home Depot At-Home Services

• Submitted: Wed, October 12, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, January 20, 2012

• Reported By:Boca Raton Florida
THD At-Home Services - The Home Depot At-Home Services
1250 Linton Blvd Delray Beach, Florida U.S.A.

THD At-Home Services - The Home Depot At-Home Services lied, took my deposit, never installed roof, now won't return deposit, ripoff Delray Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: Home Depot / THD at Home Service

*Consumer Comment: I wish I had read your review sooner...

*Consumer Suggestion: Who to call that will get you help

On December 20, 2004 I entered into a roofing contract with Home Depot for an S-tile roof and at the time of the signing of the contract. I supplied Home Depot with a check in the amount of $4,042.00, representing the deposit of the roof, which upon completion was a total amount of $16,165.00. My salesman at the time informed me that the roof would be completely installed within 3 to 4 months.

On April 12, 2005, I called my salesman to find out the status of when my roof would be installed and found that he no longer worked for Home Depot and to contact the project coordinator for my roof. After many attempts that same to day contact him with no return call, I finally contacted another employee at the office who informed me that the tile had not yet arrived from my roof and if I wanted to expedite my project I would have to order another tile, which would then take up to 6-7 weeks for arrival. I immediately went to Home Depot that same day and ordered another tile.

On May 24, 2005 the roofing supplies and dumpster arrived at my home. I was informed that the job was starting. I then went out of town on business for a week and upon my return nothing had been done and when I contacted Home Depot to find out the status they informed me that the tile still had not arrived.

Another 6 weeks passed before I was forced to cancel the contract with Home Depot with the intention and promise that I would get my deposit back so I could put that money towards at least waterproofing my roof in the event of a storm or hurricane. I was told by several Home Depot employees in person that since I had waited this long to get my roof installed and since the tile had still not arrived, I would get my money back.

Weeks went by and after numerous attempts to contact Home Depot to find out where my deposit was, I finally talked to the same person who informed me that I would get my oney back that "since my 'expenses' outweighed my deposit I would not see any monies returned to me. What expenses? They did NOTHING!!!

When I questioned her about the amount and breakdown of expenses, she put me in contact with Home Depot Corporate in Atlanta, Georgia. I then contacted them only to find out that there was no record of expenses at all, only the proof that I had made the deposit back in December, 2004.

To date the supplies have been removed, there has been nothing done to my roof by Home Depot, yet I still have not received my $4,042.00. I make several phone calls every week to several various people who work directly for Home Depot, only to receive no phone calls or worse, completely lied to with every request I make to receive this money due and owed to me.

Amy
Boca Raton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2005 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/THD-At-Home-Services-The-Home-Depot-At-Home-Services/Delray-Beach-Florida-33444/THD-At-Home-Services-The-Home-Depot-At-Home-Services-lied-took-my-deposit-never-instal-160517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on THD At-Home Services - The Home Depot At-Home Services

Home Depot / THD at Home Service

AUTHOR: watchful eye - (United States of America)

Ordered 6 windows and using THDatHomeservice.  So far so good.  Only thing is I wished they called me the day or two before showing up just to confirm our scheduled date.  I will report back when job is completed.

I wish I had read your review sooner...

AUTHOR: ctdev - (United States of America)

I have ordered 2 windows through Home Depot At-home Services in Connecticut, and a few weeks into the project and without even having the windows yet, I"m not very happy. I have the feeling that they didn't even bothering to order the windows until I had already complained to several people, who all kept saying that they'd get back to me but never did. And when I finally heard from someone, the install date was much further out than originally estimated.

I started blogging about the project when it began, and I had an open mind about it. If anyone is interested in hearing a blow-by-blow description of my experience, they can see my blog at http://homedepothomeservices.wordpress.com/.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Who to call that will get you help

AUTHOR: Installer - (U.S.A.)

call this man claude Jorden 1 770-779-1460
this man runs that part of THD, just call & let him know what & where, who.
Im a ex installer for them, very tired of seeing people getting riped off.