Complaint Review: THE AUTO SHOP

• Updated: Wed, August 06, 2014

• Reported By: James — Hardwick New Jersey
THE AUTO SHOP
, Select State/Province USA

THE AUTO SHOP BEWARE OF THE AUTO SHOP IN BLAIRSTOWN-THEY SELL UNSAFE JUNK CARS!!! BLAIRSTOWN NJ 07825 NJ

I live in a town close to the Auto Shop on Rt 94 in Blairstown, NJ 07825.  I pass this place going to and from work.  I stopped the other day to look at a car that the Auto Shop had advertised out front as being for sale.  It was a black Acura.

I was looking for a car for my sister and the Acura are known to be pretty good cars.  This car was a mess.......underneath was a big puddle of oil and you can see a drip about every 10 seconds!!  There was an extensive amount of rust underneath.  I copied the vin number and ran a history report and found that this car had been in two serious accidents!!

Needless to say, I would never consider this junk car for my sister.  After doing a little asking around, I found out that the Auto Shop not only has a horrible reputation for selling junk cars, but they are UNLICENSED as a used car dealer.  I don't know how the Blairstown Township allows them to illegally sell cars, but I did report them to the DMV in Trenton and I was told they would send an investigator there soon.  They said if they saw cars being sold on the premises that they would fine them and they could lose their repair license if they kept it up.

Who would ever think of bringing their car there for service when they are selling and misreprensenting junk cars for sale?  I think these people are scam artists and I hope the Trenton DMV catches them in the act.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2014 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/THE-AUTO-SHOP/Select-StateProvince/THE-AUTO-SHOP-BEWARE-OF-THE-AUTO-SHOP-IN-BLAIRSTOWN-THEY-SELL-UNSAFE-JUNK-CARS-BLAIRST-1167967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on THE AUTO SHOP