Complaint Review: THE FIREPLACE DOCTOR

• Submitted: Sun, January 09, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, January 13, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Houston Texas U.S.A.
THE FIREPLACE DOCTOR
Corporate Office: 5553 Mulat Rd. Back, Milton, Fla Houston, Texas, Texas United States of America

THE FIREPLACE DOCTOR DO NOT USE...only out to get money!!!!!!!! Houston, Texas, Texas

*Author of original report: Follow up to original report

Because I had not used my gas fireplace in 8 years, I called a "so-called" professional company THE FIREPLACE DOCTOR on 1-7-2011 to inspect it and teach me how to use it correctly. I was charged a total of $820.00 ( $125.00 for "service charge" + $ 695.00 for "flashing"....who even knows that 10 minutes on my roof accomplished the "flashing"?

My issues are these: 1) Immeiately after the techs. left, I realized that they did not leave a receipt for the $820.00, just the $125.00 that I had paid separately. I calledTHE FIREPLACE DOCTOR and told them the situation. The receptionist said that she would "investigate" and get back to me the same day. I have Never heard from them!! 2) When they came out, the techs removed the logs, and went over the frame with a dry paintbrush....they NEVER lit the gas to see if it was functioning correctly!!!! After replacing the logs and lighting the gas, only a flame came out from the anterior 1/3 of the fireplace. After pointing this out to the tech. he moved a log, and it functioned ONLY on the complete anterior of the fireplace. I assumed it would get better after I had the firplace going for awhile. IT NEVER GOT ANY BETTER!!!!!! So when I called THE FIREPLACE DOCTOR the receptionist said (she never mentioned the fact that I had called a day earlier about "no receipt")that they were not "licensed" to repair any defective gas outlets and i would have to call some company that is "licensed" in gas....WHO KNOWS IF THERE IS A "DEFECTIVE OUTLET" since they didn't try it without logs?? What if they covered the gas outlets with their placement of the logs????? (Interesting to note that they don't say they are not "licensed in gas repair" in any of their advertisments). 3) The tech. showed me pictures of the needed "flashing" (without which it was very dangerous and my house could burn down...I know that that is merely a game to sell their product)) How am I supposed to know what flashing shoud look like?

THE FIREPLACE DOCTOR is a deceitful, untrustworthy company!!!!

DO NOT USE "THE FIREPLACE DOCTOR"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2011 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/THE-FIREPLACE-DOCTOR/Houston-Texas-Texas-32570/THE-FIREPLACE-DOCTOR-DO-NOT-USEonly-out-to-get-money-Houston-Texas-Texas-680646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on THE FIREPLACE DOCTOR

Follow up to original report

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

All was resolved to my satisfaction, however I would hesitate torecommend this company again since many of my telephone calls were either not responded to, or the response was inappropriate. Finally I asked to speak to the manager when I should have been referred to a manager earlier in the process!