Complaint Review: THE FURNITURE PATCH

• Submitted: Sun, February 27, 2000
  • Updated: Tue, March 19, 2002

• Reported By:SCOTTSDALE AZ
THE FURNITURE PATCH
10283 BEACH DRIVE SW CALABASH, North Carolina U.S.A.

NORTH CAROLINA FURNITURE CASH THIEVES

*Consumer Comment: Unfair comment

In February of 1999, I ordered a dining room table and six chairs from The Furniture Patch in North Carolina. I found them on the Internet. In June of 1999 a delivery of the table and chairs was made. I accepted the table but returned the chairs, as they were defective. I also mistakenly paid in full for the merchandise at this time. After countless long distance calls on my part asking what would be done about the damaged chairs, I was told in August that new chairs would be ordered for me. A second delivery was attempted in November. These chairs were more damaged than first set. I again refused to accept. In January 2000, the owner issued me a check for a portion of what I paid for these chairs. I still have a table with no chairs to match. I have not cashed the check as I want a full refund for the table and chairs since he is not able to deliver chairs that are not defective. To date I have made in excess of forty long distance calls to this company and it's owner with no resolution. I have filed complaints with Atorney Generals office and the Better Business Bureau. I have been told by the Attorney Generals Office there is not much they can do if the company does not want to give me my money back. In other words IT'S OKAY IF THEY RIP ME OFF!!! They can't even make them send me non-damaged chairs! They told me about one company that has over forty complaints against them and yet they can do nothing about it! I am confused about exactly what we need a Consumer Protection Agency for, that can't do anything to companies that are RIPPING OFF CONSUMERS!!! The public needs to be warned not to purchase furniture from these companies in North or South Carolina. Spend the extra few bucks and buy local!!! PLEASE HELP ME GET MY MONEY BACK!!!

MARY THOMAS

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/THE-FURNITURE-PATCH/CALABASH-North-Carolina-28467/NORTH-CAROLINA-FURNITURE-CASH-THIEVES-1412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on THE FURNITURE PATCH

Unfair comment

AUTHOR: Jeanne - ()

I live in High Point, North Carolina, the furniture capital of the world. Most of my relatives own furniture companies.

To make a statement such as "do not buy furniture from North and South Carolina" is ignorant. The furniture business has sketchy sellers just as any type of business does. That does not mean that all furniture companies here in the Carolinas are rip offs. Twice a year, people from all over the world flock to High Point for the International Home Furnishings Market. Not to mention anyone who knows furniture knows that this is the place for unbeatable prices.