Complaint Review: THE LIST GUY

• Submitted: Wed, May 21, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 19, 2009

• Reported By:orange California
THE LIST GUY
thelistguy.com Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

THE LIST GUY Don't buy email lists..its a waste of money.. Baltimore maryland

*UPDATE Employee: This rip off report is a fraud

I purchased an email list to market to for $600....(5000 buisnesses) the list was bunk... I couldn't purchase a service to send the emails through because these lists are not white listed....in short it is spam.... I tried to send the list emails out of my yahoo account but about 7 out of every 10 emails was bad...on top of this my yahoo account got black listed !! In short, I wasted $600 when I asked for advice the list guy said just keep on sending the emails.... what a waste of my time and money....don't bother there are legitimate email marketing companies out there where they do more then just send you a list of bad emails to market to.... I have found another company that will give you a list of white listed emails (emails that have opted in to marketing) and send the emails for you for only $35 a month.... I havent tried it yet but it is much less expensive than the $600 I threw away with the list guy!!! All I got was a excell spreadsheet full of bad emails!!! The list guy is a waste!

Tas
Orange, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2008 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/THE-LIST-GUY/Baltimore-Maryland/THE-LIST-GUY-Dont-buy-email-listsits-a-waste-of-money-Baltimore-maryland-334037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on THE LIST GUY

This rip off report is a fraud

AUTHOR: Listguy - (U.S.A.)

I recently was informed of this rip off report and looked up the person who files the report by the date and amount and type of order (5000 business records $600) His order was voided, he never even received a list from us. Want proof here it is........
This statement below is direct from our credit card company. We have no other record besides this on Ben or any of his contact info b/c he was never a client of ours. How do I know this is ben? His location MD, amount $600, date MAY 11th 2009, and order 5000 business leads all match, no other person order during this time with all of these in common.
Transaction Status: Voided