Complaint Review: THE LYND COMPANY - LYND MANAGEMENT

• Submitted: Wed, March 18, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 18, 2009

• Reported By:Mckinney Texas
THE LYND COMPANY - LYND MANAGEMENT
8000 I 10 WEST SUITE 200 SAN ANTONIO, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 210-733-6125
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

THE LYND COMPANY - LYND MANAGEMENT - MICHAEL LYND SR - MICHAEL LYND JR - A. DAVID LYND - SAMUEL J KASPAREK LIARS, THEIVES AND DECEPTIVNESS SAN ANTONIO Texas

*Consumer Comment: This behavior is typical of the Lynd Company.

We have lived here over 1 year and in the time here have NOTHING good to say about this place. We have asked the management at the office over 8 times to do something about constant insects and rodents. We have personally caught 8 mice and have spoken to many neighbors who have had the same problem. We even had to buy our own poison and traps. They have refused to handle the problem and the property has steadily declined since they took over. There have been at least 5 auto burglaries that we know of from speaking to other residents here. There is a security gate that has been broken for well over 7 months. There is trash left everywhere and we have constantly seen dog poop everywhere, trash, beer cans, broken glass, cigarette butts, condoms, etc. When Lynd took over they also took away our free golf and started charging us for water, trash, and...ha pest control. We gave them notice we would not be renewing our lease 60 days in advance and now they refuse to acknowledge that and threaten to report us as a 'skip' even though we have always paid our rent on time and never been a problem to anyone, not to mention our lease is up. They have lost every one of the good employees they had when we moved here and now we are left with employees who will not tell us the truth, act evasive or flat out hide in their office and refuse to come out to talk to us. We can't begin to include everything here but hope we have given you a pretty good idea of this property and hope we have helped at least someone avoid leasing here. We will now get an attorney and fight them in court because what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong and we'll be damned if we are going to stand for injustice of any kind.

Anonymous
Mckinney, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2009 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/THE-LYND-COMPANY-LYND-MANAGEMENT/SAN-ANTONIO-Texas-78230/THE-LYND-COMPANY-LYND-MANAGEMENT-MICHAEL-LYND-SR-MICHAEL-LYND-JR-A-DAVID-LYND-S-435452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on THE LYND COMPANY - LYND MANAGEMENT

This behavior is typical of the Lynd Company.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I live an apartment complex (Timberlinks) in Denton, Texas, that's managed by the Lynd Company. There are a bunch of complaints about this company on the Ripoff Report and on various apartment ratings websites, so obviously a lot of people are having problems with them.

My experiences with the Lynd company are very similar to yours.

1.) No More Free Golf: One of the things that had initially appealed to me about living at Timberlinks is that the apartment complex is located next to a golf course. When I first started living here, we could play for free. Since Lynd has taken over, they've started charging the residents here to play on our own golf course.

2.) Higher Utilities: After I had first moved in, my water bill was between $10-$20 per month. Now, the water bill is split between everybody in the apartment complex and my bill has gone up to over $35 per month. I believe that one of the reasons for this is because Lynd wastes so much water. Some of the sprinkler heads look like they're broken but they continue to water with them anyway. More water ends up in the parking lot than ends up on the grass but the Lynd people don't really seem to care because they aren't paying the bills we are. I think that they are also making the residents pay to water the golf course now too (which is really unfair if you think about it because we can no longer use the golf course for free like we could with the previous management company). A few months ago, Lynd started charging everyone a monthly $45 'convenience fee' for having cable. We are already paying the cable company (Primecast) for service, so I don't understand how Lynd can justify double-billing everyone like this. There has also been talk of them charging $15 per vehicle per month just to park in our own parking lot when we could always park here for free before.

3.) Auto Burglaries: Theft has been a big problem at my apartment complex too. It isn't like people are just leaving their cars unlocked either - the thieves will smash your window if they see something that they want. Even though several residents have complained, Lynd hasn't done anything to increase security.

4.) Pest Control: I haven't had a problem with bugs indoors, but there are always dirt dobbers and lots of spiders around my apartment outside. The previous management company would come by with a pressure washer and clean them off periodically, but Lynd doesn't do anything. They don't seem to understand why so many of the tenants here are upset about the bug situation.

5.) Overall Maintenance: The only areas of the property that the Lynd company seems to care about are the golf course and the flowerbeds near the clubhouse. The rest of the property is neglected and like you said, it is common to see dog poop and cigarette butts and garbage everywhere. Also, the grass and the flowerbeds around a lot of the apartments aren't very well cared for and there are a lot of weeds and dead patches.