illness

• Submitted: Thu, November 18, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, November 18, 2004

• Reported By:Culver City California
THE PEOPLES REBATE ASSOCIATION
PO Box 1346 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

THE PEOPLES REBATE ASSOCIATION Dodged a Bullet, Thank god for Rip Off Report Champlain New York

After getting an interesting phone call from "THE PEOPLES REBATE ASSOCIATION", I fell for the scam. Thinking they were legit because after all they did know I was denied Credit and had my full name and phone number.

Just as the others they were very good with the scam. I felt kind of good when I got off the phone, thinking I was on path to cleaning my credit. They even gave me a promise my credit score would be over 700 in a year. I quickly handed over my bank information and set up a "post-dated" check payment for the one time $299.00.

After talking to a few friends about it at work, they suggested I do a google search on the company. I did just that and in no time I was in shock. I had fell for their dirty game almost the EXACT script was used on my as the others. The check was sapose to be cashed on the 26th.

I called my bank right away and put a stop payment on the post-dated check. "SAFE!" Thank GOD I found this site to inform me of there diry business pratices. I hope others can be educated by this.

If you fell for this scam, and they have not taken the money out of your account yet, call you bank and stop payment on the check. My bank does not charge me for this service but if they did I would still be less then the $299.00 they would have stolen from me. Be safe people, we work hard for the money, let's make sure we take care of it.

Xhris
Culver City, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2004 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/THE-PEOPLES-REBATE-ASSOCIATION/Champlain-New-York/THE-PEOPLES-REBATE-ASSOCIATION-Dodged-a-Bullet-Thank-god-for-Rip-Off-Report-Champlain-New-118686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on THE PEOPLES REBATE ASSOCIATION