Complaint Review: THE ROOM STORE

• Reported By: Elaine Worley — Glen allen Virginia United States of America
THE ROOM STORE
Henrico VA Henrico, Virginia United States of America

THE ROOM STORE STOLE MY MONEY I SAVED FOR A YEAR Henrico, Virginia

The salesmen for this company(THE ROOM STORE) come to my work everyday at Costco to get free samples at the demo carts which im in charge of. They ate food and laughed and jokes with all the little ladies. Gained their trust and mine. They told me to come to their store and they would give us a good deal. They knew I had saved for a long time for this money for a couch. I went over to the Furniture store in April 2012 there they are salesmen and found a couch i wanted. I filled out 90 days same as cash note. Gave them 350 cash and 100 on my debit card. They told me it was on back order and would be in May that i would recieve the in may because the couch was so popluar the company couldnt keep up with it. April, May. June went bye after may attemps to get my furniture. Always some excuse. I spoke to the salesmen many time when they would come to my work to eat. NEVER a word about them Closing down or anything. They told me JULY 5th it would be in for pick up. July 5th i called and they told me SORRY The room store is No more. We are just selling the furniture for the company. You can buy the couch again and wait on your money. I watched my couch i paid for go to someone else. I filed the claim but no word on it. I will ever get my money. They dont care if anyone get there money or Furniture. I then found out  that in April when i gave them the money, They had already file bankrupty in Dec of the previous year. They just flat out stole my money and many others. They now have a Furniture store in that building. It was called the ROOM STORE now it is ROOMS TO GO. Funny thing is all the same people work there that worked at the ROOM STORE. They are all theifs. THEIFS I SAY. This is horrible. If this was me or any other person we would be in jail for stealing people money. This is such a injustice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/THE-ROOM-STORE/Henrico-Virginia-23294/THE-ROOM-STORE-STOLE-MY-MONEY-I-SAVED-FOR-A-YEAR-Henrico-Virginia-965927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on THE ROOM STORE