Complaint Review: THE VENETIAN THE PALAZZO OF LAS VEGAS

• Submitted: Thu, August 14, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 29, 2008

• Reported By:SYLMAR California
THE VENETIAN THE PALAZZO OF LAS VEGAS
3355 LAS VEGAS BOULEVARD Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

THE VENETIAN THE PALAZZO OF LAS VEGAS They book you for offers such as 4 nights free stay and then charge your credit card at end of stay. Las Vegas Nevada

*Author of original report: VENETIAN/PALAZZO OF LAS VEGAS

We get these flyers in the mail all the time that say free nights stay at the Palazzo or Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. We booked our stay and when we got there at the front desk, we reconfirmed with the clerk at the front desk again to be sure that we there for the complimentary 4 nights free. The hotel cleark did confirm that. But when we got our credit card statement a month later, we got charged $872.00 for the stay. What a SCAM. The hotel is hoping that their customers don't check their credit card bills. So if 1 out of 100 customers don't call to get a reversal on their charge, they made out anyway. They are gambling with the thought that they'll go ahead and charge all these credit cards and hopefully not all of them will complain about the charge since the stay is over.

So I called the AR dept and it took me an hour and a half to get a live person to answer. When the person answered the line, she said it was her first day at work and that she had no idea what to do. I'm sure. After hours and hours of arguing with her boss, they finally agreed that a credit should be issued to our card. CUSTOMERS BEWARE! If you are going to stay at the Palazzo and are offered such an offer, check your credit card when your statement gets to you. They will charge your card and then reverse the charge after you complain about it.

I just thought I'd warn all those suckers like me that assume that companies like this honor what they say on their flyers.

RYAN
SYLMAR, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/THE-VENETIAN-THE-PALAZZO-OF-LAS-VEGAS/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89109/THE-VENETIAN-THE-PALAZZO-OF-LAS-VEGAS-They-book-you-for-offers-such-as-4-nights-free-stay-363003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on THE VENETIAN THE PALAZZO OF LAS VEGAS

AUTHOR: Emma - (U.S.A.)

I was able to get help from their customer service manager Katie Shelah. I have to say that the Venetian/Palazzo management went above and beyond to resolve this issue with my credit card. I have to say that the service that I got from Ms. Shelah was the best and quickest way to resolve the misunderstanding with their accounting department. Not only that, we went back and stayed at the Venetian and were very happy with our stay this time. Our room was fabulous and the service was outstanding. Thank you Ms. Shelah!

AUTHOR: Emma - (U.S.A.)

I have to take back everything that I've said about the Venetian/Palazzo service. Since the time we filed this report, the company has contacted us through their guest relations manager Ms. Katie Shelah and she has gone above and beyond repairing the situation with our credit card. She has proven to us that their service is uncomparable and the best in the whole city of Las Vegas. What a class act this Manager is and we are really impressed with the way she handled this situation. We will be back and will be spending a lot of our vacations at the Venetian/Palazzo. It is definitely the best place to stay at. Even better than Wynn or Bellagio where you are just one of the thousands of visitors that go there. Not at the Venetian. They treat their visitors like each and every one of them are important and are key to their success. Ms. Shelah has definitely proven that to us.