Complaint Review: THENEWCONNECTION.COM

• Submitted: Wed, July 25, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, March 22, 2008

• Reported By:Myrtle Beach South Carolina
THENEWCONNECTION.COM
1100 Coney Island Ave. Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

THENEWCONNECTION.COM Reconditioned Products Not The Same as New except for this companies prices RipoffBrooklyn New York

*Author of original report: The newconnection.com

On 2-26-2007 I purchased a Samsung HD TV from TheNewConnection.com who advertised this product as "New", "Factory Sealed", "with a one year factory warranty". Even though the product was marketed on their web site , I called them and spoke to a salesman to confirm both the product and price. I also purchased an entended warranty.

The HDTV was shipped air freight to my door. Packaging on the outside was what, in general, appeared to be the manufacturer's carton .Box was strapped around twice which I thought was typical. However, upon opening the box I suspected there was a problem as the packaging did not appear to be factory original. It was stuffed with several black expandable foam bags.

I called Samsung Customer Service and provided them the Serial Number. They reported that the unit was a factory reconditioned model, not new, nor was their a manufacturers warranty available. They informed me of the location of the reconditioning factory and advised the set was previously returned as damaged and indicated electronic parts were replaced.

I called The New Connections . Com Customer Service and was told they do not sell reconditioned and what I was sent was new. They resisted my request to call Samsung and I even provided contact information. They suggested if I had a problem with the set to use the extended warranty.

It was only after I called American Express to dispute the puchase that I got some attention. The company continued to deny responsibility for the problem but, finally, after American Express got involved , agreed to have the product shipped back at their expense and refund my money. However , once they were sent pictures of the box and packaging they knew the original box would not handle a return trip. I had no way to re-strap the box .They then said it was my problem to pay for shipping and that the Returned Merchandise Authorization was only good for 15 days.

I suspected they did not think I would out of pocket the shipping cost as it was expensive to freight propoerly so as to comply with UPS shipping standards , not to mention the cost to insure. Frankly, I was afaid that American Express would not support my dispute if I failed to return the merchandise within 15 days.

Originally, thanks to AE, I got credited all but a $175.00 re-stocking fee. I appealed, knowing the reconditioned product sold for new, and this also was credited to my account.

I still have not recieved reimbursement for over $1000.00 for shipping plus the insurance expense. Nor have I received any letter of apology. Not that one was expected.These people provided nothing but denial.

Complaints already filed with the FTC and BBB. Litigation still being considered.

This operation sells reconditioned for new and consumers need to be aware as this is a bogus operation for sure. I have all of the evidence including taped converastions, pictures etc. so as to support what has been presented.

These kinds of practices do serious harm to the consumer's confidance when considering internet purchasing.

Bill
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2007 07:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/THENEWCONNECTIONCOM/Brooklyn-New-York-11230/THENEWCONNECTIONCOM-Reconditioned-Products-Not-The-Same-as-New-except-for-this-companies-263213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on THENEWCONNECTION.COM

AUTHOR: Whh8 - (U.S.A.)

This company still has not responded to any communications regarding reimbusement for cost to return a used HDTV sold and shipped to me as new. It was a catch 22 as I was required to return the merchandise before I would be reimbursed the cost of the item. Shipping cost was expensive. This company should be obligated to pay returned shipping expenses for sending a used item. They are not to be trusted . Looks like litigation will be required .