Complaint Review: THRIFTY CAR SALES

• Submitted: Mon, September 12, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, September 12, 2011

• Reported By: CAROLYN — SPRING HILL Florida U.S.A.
THRIFTY CAR SALES
24639 US HWY 19 N CLEARWATER, Florida United States of America

THRIFTY CAR SALES RIOOED OFF OF MY RETURN DEPOSIT FOR A CAR THAT COULD NOT RUN ARE LEAVE DEALORS LOT CLEARWATER, Florida

*Author of original report: I DID TEST DRIVE THE CAR

*Consumer Comment: There is really NO excuse for not test driving the care

*Consumer Comment: Duh

Ripped Off by Thrifty Car Sales 24639 US Hwy 19 N Clearwater fl because i refused to accept a car that coul not be driven off the lot asfter signing contract to purchase. First of all this was a bait and switch deal. i was looking over the internet for a car. I saw the car i like so i left my information for someone to contact me about the car. a sellman call me around 10 AM and told yes the car is there and to coe on down to look at the car. Its a nice looking car. My brother and i arrived about 2PM when ask where is the car?

I had waited about 15 mins the car could not be found. But lets look around and you may see a car you may like. I question the sellman about checking his other lots. Finally i saw a car i like but not as much as the other car. which cost way more than the one i came in for. ok i select this car to buy. i had a long wait trying to get me approved so long the place start shutting down. Finaaly the sellman came and told me I was approved, I told my brother that he could leave he was very late he had a date that evening. So he left.

After being rushed through the paperwork I just wanted to get out of there because I was so tired. I signed the papers and handed the keys the sellman walk me to my new car i get in the car would not start. i got out the sellan got in and tried to start the car. It would not start for him. By this time the lights were being shut off. I said to the sellman how am I going to get home? My brother has left and I can't reach him. I live about a hour away. Will you take e home? He walk away and came back with a set of keys he said take this loaner and return it tomorrow. At this time all I was worry about is getting home.

I leave the lot about 5 mins the loaner car stop. Out of Gas. Now I a 60 yrs on disable mother, grandother and a woan had to walk on the dark construction hwy alone looking for gas and help. I soon reach home about 2 AM in  the morning i told my brother what happen and he was very upset. He said not to by a car that can't leave the lot. So i called the finance company and explain what happen. I was told i had the right to cancel the contract if the car was not taken off of the lot and the car had not been sucessfully delivered. That it was up to me. I told them to cancel the contract. She said it is cancel.

I call the selmlan and told him that i was bringing his car back and I am cancelling the deal because of the car not starting and I no longer want the car. He told e I sign a contract and I told him that I had contacted the finance company and they told me that i didn't have to accept a non running car and a car I never was able to take off of the lot. So the contract fro the financing company has cancel the contract and i am on my way to brin g back their car and pick up my deposit. When I got there the sellman was nowhere to be found.

I waited over an hour than I told the sell mgr to tell the sellan that for him to mail me my deposit. I have never recieved y deposit. I call no call back from the sellman, used car mgr or the owner. I thought maybe i was not to recd my deposit back. I just found out that they were in deed was to return my deposit. I still have not recd my deposit. So now they have my deposit and the car. Which probably been sold to someone else and my deposit pocket. Do I feel Ripped off you d*mn right. Ripped off and h*ll MAD....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2011 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/THRIFTY-CAR-SALES/CLEARWATER-Florida-33759/THRIFTY-CAR-SALES-RIOOED-OFF-OF-MY-RETURN-DEPOSIT-FOR-A-CAR-THAT-COULD-NOT-RUN-ARE-LEAVE-775920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on THRIFTY CAR SALES

I DID TEST DRIVE THE CAR

AUTHOR: Lori - (U.S.A.)

YES I DID A TEST DRIVE THE CAR DROVE GOOD. WHEN I WENT TO ACCEPT THE CAR IT DID NOT START.

There is really NO excuse for not test driving the care

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

BEFORE signing the contract to buy. I hope you at least drive the next car you're interested in before you put your name on a contract. BTW, is English a second language for you?

Duh

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

The idea of a test drive never occurred to you? Amazing.

justify