Complaint Review: THe International Society Of Poets

• Submitted: Thu, August 05, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, August 05, 2004

• Reported By:Hayden Idaho
THe International Society Of Poets
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

The International Society Of Poets ripoff I feel very decieved, taken advantage of, and sick to my stomach. I felt my work was good and now I'm not so sure what to believe. Owings Mills Maryland

I entered to of my poems and was exstatic when I was chosen for the (Editor's Choice Award), for outstanding achievement. To me this was just simply unbelievable. I was actually noticed and my work ment something to someone. Then came all of the fees for my plaques and awards. The fees for a book that my poems would be published in.

I sent in for the book and it has been 2 months since they cashed my check and I still have not recieved my book. They now want more money and my permission to put my poem on tape, I can purchase this CD set for the low price of 49.00 and 8.00 in shipping and handling. All of this to me seems very messed up.

I don't believe that they actually think my work is good, just a way to make money off of me. I am a single mom trying to survive and this really hurt my ego. I've been told that what I write is good, but now I'm not so sure.

It really isn't fair that people can take away your self esteem simply by giving and then taking away. I would just like the chance to prove that what I have to offer is good.

Sally
Hayden, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2004 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/THe-International-Society-Of-Poets/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/The-International-Society-Of-Poets-ripoff-I-feel-very-decieved-taken-advantage-of-and-si-102310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on THe International Society Of Poets