Complaint Review: TIGER DIRECT

TIGER DIRECT Horrible Products & Return Policy Internet

*Author of original report: Not the First Time

*Consumer Comment: Seriously...

*UPDATE Employee: Our apologies

The first time I dealt with Tiger Direct was a couple years ago and it was to order all the parts to build my own PC. The transaction went well, except when I tried to put everything together we discovered that the motherboard was bad. I didn't think anything of it at the time and sent the mobo back and purchased a new one from a local company.

The next time, my husband ordered parts this past Christmas to upgrade my PC. We ordered a MoBo, RAM, and a CPU. This time the RAM was bad. I'm now a freelancing a designer so I need my computer in order to make a living. My computer was out of commission for two weeks while they "worked" on replacing the RAM.

I probably wouldn't have minded if they didn't have such a stupid return policy in effect. If I wanted to have them ship me new RAM before I sent back the bad stuff so that I could get my PC running faster, I had to first purchase ANOTHER set of RAM, then they would reimburse the cost when the received the bad RAM in return.

I played along, and lost $1200 in the mean time while my computer was out. They did reimburse the cost of the RAM in a timely fashion. However, I had specifically asked them to send email updates on the status of the shipment to my address, and not the one on the account as I don't watch it as closely. Since they took down all the information, I didn't think anything of it, however, they can't do that, and since they didn't tell me when I was talking to them, I assumed all was well.

A week later I still hadn't heard anything so I checked the order status and saw that it had been delivered and signed by "DR SIDE." I had no idea what that meant, the least I could figure was that someone (Dr. Side) had signed for my RAM at some other house. Turns out the delivery was just chucked between our doors on the side of our house without any kind of notice. We don't use that door and the stoop is covered in snow, so you'd think that would be a sign to go to the front door instead. Needless to say, the RAM sat in the box for a weekend in sub-zero temperatures.

We were worried that this would have broken the RAM, so we waited to install it until they had warmed up to room temperature again. Turns out one of the two sticks of RAM they sent me the second time was bad anyway.

This would be the THIRD time I've had to order the SAME product. So I called them up, expecting to be treated a little better this time around, and still I got the same run around. There was no attempt to make up the process to me, or the lost money while my computer has been collecting dust. I had to purchase the third set of RAM, and wait for it to be sent to me so I could send back the broken RAM again.

They then proceeded to ship it to my old address. I haven't lived there, or ordered anything to that address from them in almost a year, and still that is the address they chose to ship it to. I had to call up my old landlord and ask him to keep and eye out for a package for me as they're taking another week to deliver the replacement parts I need to do my job.

We still don't' even know if they new RAM they're shipping will even work.

We will never be working with Tiger Direct again, and I'm making sure that everyone I can is told about their horrible customer service and return policies so they can avoid falling into such a stupid path. Please, don't use Tiger Direct, you will be ripped off, as they care nothing about their customers and only want your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2010 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TIGER-DIRECT/internet/TIGER-DIRECT-Horrible-Products-Return-Policy-Internet-570144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TIGER DIRECT

Not the First Time

AUTHOR: Christine - (Canada)

I wouldn't have complained had it not been the first time I'd had issues with both the company or their product shipped to me. I'd had issues with a mother board a few years ago and ended up buying on off of a friend to replace it; time wasn't an issue at the time as I was just building a PC to replace a dieing laptop.

The RAM issue at Christmas was just over the top because I had to send the RAM back twice. I had bought product from them in several occasions and had shown myself to be a loyal customer. I felt that fact should have counted in my favor when dealing with returns.

As to the going into a store to pick up RAM somewhere local; I would have loved to. However, I live in a small town where even the small computer repair shop doesn't keep computer parts on hand at all times. Being that it was Christmas as well, the only places that MIGHT have carried the RAM I was looking for had hit-and-miss hours.

The issue is really non-existent anymore. I've moved on to a different supplier that treats me the way I would expect to be treated after several purchases from them.

Seriously...

AUTHOR: Aftermarket_Expert - (United States of America)

Dude, if you're "company" can be taken down down by one RAM, you shouldn't call it a company. You say their return policy is "stupid". First of all, this is an opinion, and not a fact. Second, I bet you it is thoroughly explained in Tiger Direct's terms and condition, that you had to agree to. Why don;t you think of this from the other side of the coin. If you send me a part, and I call you and tell you its broken, or doesn't work, I fully expect you to receive the bad part back, before you ship out a replacement, even if I had made a decision, ON MY OWN, that puts me in a bad spot, such as my "company" being out of commission. If I truly do have a bad part, once the good one arrives, I have no motivation to ship it back, if that was my true intention anyway. What if I just wanted two RAMs? I'd claim the first is bad, and that I really need one - for some reason - right now! Now you go ahead and be nice, and send one out while I promise I'm sending it back, I even send an empty envelope and give you a tracking number, PROVING that I'm sending back. You get and empty box, I get two RAM's. Have a nice day. Now look. the world doesn't revolve around you, and more than likely, also doesn't give a d**n about you.
So let me get this straight, you are mad because a company won't allow itself to get scammed? Dude, you gotta wake up and realize just how unimportant you are to the world. Rules are set for a reason, and you can;t expect them to change because you put yourself in a bad spot. You ordered a RAM over the internet, that you 100% needed to work ASAP. thats a really bad call in my book. I would want a place I could walk in and swap same day, if I have a time sensitive situation.
So basically, I'm saying quit being so d**n stupid, and wake up and notice that there are BILLIONS of people who have no idea you even exist. Get over yourself.

Our apologies

AUTHOR: Ernie E. - (U.S.A.)

We're sorry you did not have a satisfactory shopping experience with us. It is extremely unfortunate the products you purchased did not arrive in working conditions and we apologize for that. I would like to further investigate into this matter to determine exactly where our service failed you and what could have been done to make this a satisfactory experience however I do not have enough information in your post to pull up your information.

Please contact me at ernie@help.tigerdirect.com so we can discuss this matter and come to a satisfactory resolution.

We hope you decide to give us another chance despite this unfortunate occurrence.

Hope to hear from you soon.