Complaint Review: TIM BLAIR

• Submitted: Tue, February 07, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, February 07, 2012

• Reported By: An Australian Victim — Australia Internet Australia
400 West Peachtree street, Suite 1113 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

TIM BLAIR TIMOTHY JAMES BLAIR Another Victim Coming Forward in Rapper's International Web of Fraudulent Pretenses and Theft by Deception Atlanta, Georgia

I am writing as one of his Australian victims circa 2006-2008. I am coming forward for the first time, for all the reasons the others have opted for silence (the fear of reprisal, the shaming by insidious comments and financial incapacitation).

In reading other references and disclosures, it appears his modus operandi was for me, the same as the others. Identify a single parent, promote the opportunity to make a better life by immediate financial returns in business partnerships (mostly tours) that appeared concrete and legitimate.

His timing was impeccable. I was emotionally vulnerable having had just lost my father and I was in the process of transitioning artforms with the view to be independent in business and working exclusively in the area of tours and events, whilst also creating pathways for artists within my regional proximity to work with key profiled acts. [continued below]....
..... I was also employed as a CEO of a company, so intellectual acumen was proven and my personal brand had the right contacts and trust based relationships in place.

Tim Blair is very good at the art of deception. Trading off his music marker of the 1990's and the names of other iconic Hip Hop acts such as KRS-ONE, AFRIKA BAMBAATA, SCOTT LA ROCK, RAKIM and KOOL KEITH he spoke of even being auditioned for the DONALD TRUMP Celebrity "THE APPRENTICE" and how he had worked himself up from the streets, only to be Frauded out of his business dealings from a shady vendor.

He sounded the part, looked the part and played the part convincingly. In addition he would have bona-fide lawyers write up agreements designed to protect you legally should there be any wrongdoing and have you believing you were covered by the law. These are legal contracts - which is part of his cache, however the downfall clearly is his lack of contempt for the law itself, knowing that very few jurisdictions would actually pursue an out of state or international case against him.

He was confident that they would never seek recourse and then begins setting up all core expenses under aliases, business ventures (primarily BMC Management and BIG XITY ENTERTAINMENT) and in other peoples names. The diversification of portfolio is also the same - he would present business investments into foreclosed real estate and a pyramid buy-in which would see properties turned over for maximum return. He'd then have everyone sign a gag clause, so that the intellectual property of this masterful plan would not be given to a third party.

In total, there were three tours projects actioned. Two of which fell over, the first (my first as an independent promoter), when I pulled the plug due to low ticket sales, the second (which I was essentially forced into in order to secure my initial investment back - also part of his M.O.) which fell over when there was an alleged breach of contract and the third undertaken (it was a tour of his "SuperGroup") to which the contractual % return plus expenses never manifested.

There were others proposed, ironically I've now seen the names of these tours listed in other victims claims, seemingly he had it all worked out.

Four years past and I am still in the Australian courts defending myself from a promoter who I believe was also a victim, but is seeking recovery from me of the funds they submitted to him for the purposes of the second tour. I've come very close to bankruptcy and am still wading through a debt over $120k AUD outstanding by the businesses of Tim Blair and himself as personally liable, plus the additional expenses of having to defend myself in court to clear my name.

Meanwhile I have had to live with and own the decisions I made in order to pursue a better life for myself and children through a career I love. I have learned the ultimate lessons in business to which I am paying the cost (beyond financial considerations).

Trust it has happened and can happen to anyone - socio economic status or IQ is not a credential requirement when it comes to someone meticulously calculated and driven in their intent to knowingly commit acts of Fraud and Theft by Deception.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2012 02:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TIM-BLAIR/Atlanta-Georgia-30308/TIM-BLAIR-TIMOTHY-JAMES-BLAIR-Another-Victim-Coming-Forward-in-Rappers-International-Web-835090. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TIM BLAIR