Complaint Review: TIMBERLODGE RV RESORT

• Submitted: Thu, December 02, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, December 02, 2010

• Reported By: Jim — WEATHERFORD Texas U.S.A.
TIMBERLODGE RV RESORT
1960 CLIFF LAKE RD, STE 129-421, Minnesota 55122 Internet United States of America

TIMBERLODGE RV RESORT TIMBERLODGE RV RESORT NEW WAVERLY, TX A RIP OFF...WAS TOLD I HAD A TRIAL MEMBERSHIP FOR ONE YEAR NOW THEY CLAIM IT IS FOR LIFE. I REFUSE TO PAY ANYMORE SO THEY SEND=T IT TO COLLECTION AGENCY Internet

I was contacted several years ago and agreed to a one year trial membership with the Timberlodge RV Resort along with another popular resort discount program. I was able to cancel the discount program but dispite several request was told I could not without paying a large cancel fee. During the first year of this free trial I tried several times to make respervations at the New Waverly Timberlodge RV Resort, a sub standard resort at best, only to be told there were no vacant sites. A construction crew and moved in a book all the sites, preventing members from using the park. On one trip I was turn away and had to drive 50 miles to find a park. When called by a agent regarding my non payment, I told them that I had sent a written notice to cancel and again was told I could not cancel. I informed them I was not making anymore payments. I was told it will go to a collection agency and that my credit report would be changed with the credit agency. I received a written notice from a collection agency registered in California.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2010 09:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TIMBERLODGE-RV-RESORT/internet/TIMBERLODGE-RV-RESORT-TIMBERLODGE-RV-RESORT-NEW-WAVERLY-TX-A-RIP-OFFWAS-TOLD-I-HAD-A-T-667711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TIMBERLODGE RV RESORT