Complaint Review: TIRE WORKS

• Submitted: Wed, July 09, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 19, 2008

• Reported By:las vegas Nevada
TIRE WORKS
1280 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd. Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

TIRE WORKS I went in for tires, rotors and brakes. Came out with a distroyed suspension system! Las Vegas Nevada

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Trans service rip-off

*Consumer Comment: I dont think they had anything to do with it.

*Author of original report: tire works did in fact cause my suspension to go out!

I went to tire works on 7-4-08. I purchased to tires (rear), front rotors and brakes for my ford expedition truck. Feeling good about decision to purchase from tire works until I was driving home from work and my rear suspension failed. I went to Tire Works yesterday being as though they were the last to do work on my truck. I have not had anyone else work on my tires, rotors or breaks. I have only had one very minor repair other than from tire works. Nothing that would have anything to do with my suspension.

Well any way, when I took my truck to tire works yesterday evening I was told that someone had put a new rear air leveling sensor on my truck. Who could have done that? This morning I went to a third party mechanic for an inspection. This mechanic gave me a report that someone replaced my rear air leveling sensor most likely because when they did the work on my truck they did not disable the suspension as required before doing the repairs. Now my suspension is out and I need to find out why Tire works would replace that sensor without telling me and why my suspension suddenly fails a few days after they work on my truck. They put on rear tires, the rear suspension fails. I have a new sensor on that doesnt work. What part of the game is this!? Please help! Thanks

Mocha
las vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2008 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TIRE-WORKS/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89183/TIRE-WORKS-I-went-in-for-tires-rotors-and-brakes-Came-out-with-a-distroyed-suspension-sy-349291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TIRE WORKS

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Trans service rip-off

AUTHOR: Darrow Nutter - (U.S.A.)

When I worked at Tireworks I was a Tect and had a car in my bay for a trans service. After completing the job, I went for a test drive,the trans seemed to be slipping and not shifting into drive. I let my MGR. Daylin, W. Trop. store know about this problem. Before I could check the fluid level,Daylin said he just sold a trans for $1800.00 to the customer. After cheking the fuild,I had put to much trans fuild in the vec. After removing 2 qts. it was fine,I told Daylin it was fine,he said great.And he still took the 1800.00 with-out touching the vec.Unreal,the place is just another RIP-OFF.

I dont think they had anything to do with it.

AUTHOR: Blanchards Automotive - (U.S.A.)

First of all if they had forgotton to turn the air ride suspension off the first thing the computer would do after the car was lifted is start bleeding air pressure out of all the suspension bags. Removing pressure from the system would not damage a line. The second thing to consider is if there is any leek in the lines they do not take days to go flat they go flat in a matter of a hours. If the leak is greater than the capacity of the pump the car will never level. Since the car must have been level at the time it was returned or you wouldnt have taken it home, I would think the problem did not stem from neglect but from a unfortunate coiencidence that happened after the repairs were made.

tire works did in fact cause my suspension to go out!

AUTHOR: Mocha - (U.S.A.)

Thank God that my suspension was able to get fixed. I happen to have met a guy that repairs desiel trucks. I had him look at it a long with a guy from purrfect auto. The conclusion was that when tired works lifted my truck the did NOT in fact disable my suspension before servicing my truck. They are suppose to do that. this caused a small piece that connects two hoses together to crack because of the air pressure going forward through the suspension.
It would have taken about 2 or three days for the air to seep out of the suspension leaving my truck rear flat. They were the only ones to lift my truck within that period of time. There is no other way that the piece would have gotten cracked and still been driving with air in the suspension any longer than 2-3 days if that. I have talked to numerous mechanics and I have repeatidly told me the same thing. Please stay away from tire works. They will do you wrong and brush you off.