• Report: #220309

• Submitted: Mon, November 13, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, January 20, 2007

• Reported By:new hope Minnesota
TIRES PLUS
3520 Winnetka Ave New Hope, Minnesota U.S.A.

TIRES PLUS TIRES PLUS CO New Hope Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: hey shawn

on 9-28-06 i purchased my 96 dodge ram from a forman who builds homes in meyar mn.the truck was so babied by this gentlmen. all maintanance records kept and all other repaiors done accordingly.

i had noticed a leaky ball joint on the passenger side so i replaced both with moog parts. after that i looked at replacing the inner and outer tie rods and the steering dampner before winter for prevenetive maintanance. so i did. all moog suspension parts. went on real easy. i even bought the perfect tool for removing tie rods. no problems so far..

here is where my problem started. I needed it aligned so i live a block or two from Tires Plus in New Hope and decided to go there since being a close repair facility and me being new to the area i didnt really know where to go at the time. so anyway i brouht it in for the 69.00 alignment and left with a huge headache.

the truck had been so poorly aligned i had to call back and state the problem. on the next visit to tires plus they had went to align the problem and when i left and got home the lugnuts had been torqed on so hard that i broke my tire iron trying to remove 2 of 5 lugnuts only a impact wrench gets them that tight. i was real mad at that time because i wanted to replace the other 2 ball joints on the drivers side. that instant i called them stating the issue. there respone was that i did it. so the next day the manager was in and i brought it in again. i had asked them to check the suspension for reasons that they couldnt keep it aligned and also check the lugnuts. i was stating that i didnt own a impact to torque the nuts that tight. they kept stating that i did it and were constantly rude and vulgar in my face as well as my gilfrinds. poor cutomer service... service on that occasion left me hanging on the lug nut issue. one of the employees was swearing at me and my girlfriend and the manager had to tell him to leeve the area. but when i went out back for them to show me the lugs he was still in my face making rude comments. he had stated that it was crossthreaded on the stud and i would have to pay for that. i left that day because we were there already for 3 hours. next day i bruoght it back because my lugs and alingment issues. the employee stated that there was no problems with my parts 3 times now so i was curious why it could not be aligned. iwent toa different tires plus and left twice with my steering wheel sideways down the street. and they were stating its aligned but your steering wheel cannot be straigtened that i need to pay 800 dollars to fix my steering box. i said enough is enough 6 times and they cant aling...why..so ibrought it to Dodge of Brooklyn park and they straightened my wheel and told me there was a tie rod bad 2 of them ..well those were both brand new.so tires plus had used innapropriate tools and had wrenched on it so hard that thyey popped it out of socket...im looking to take the Tires Plus Co. to small claims for malice repairs and destruction to personal property.

Shawn
new hope, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2006 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TIRES-PLUS/New-Hope-Minnesota-55427/TIRES-PLUS-TIRES-PLUS-CO-New-Hope-Minnesota-220309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TIRES PLUS

hey shawn

AUTHOR: Glenn - (U.S.A.)

read savage mn. we are going to court they are real jerks