Complaint Review: TIRES PLUS

• Submitted: Thu, January 16, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, April 30, 2003

• Reported By:st.paul Minnesota
TIRES PLUS
8500 EAGAN DR SAVAGE, Minnesota U.S.A.

TIRES PLUS rip-off SAVAGE Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: technician view ..i smell a cover up

*UPDATE Employee: I have never seen an employee harm or deface a customers car or personal belongings

*Author of original report: they let me leave with no brakes

*Consumer Suggestion: Report them

Spent $260 on 4 tires, mounted, spun. they came to me stating I needed brakes and wrote up the costs for the job I supposedly needed. I told them I was there only for tires I did not need their service for anything else. I got into my car my brakes went to the floor, I went back into the store and said what did you do to my brakes they where not like that when I came in.

The manager who sold me the tires kept himself busy and the other guy shuffled through papers saying well we told you you needed brakes, they were not helping me, I left less than a mile down the road the brake light came on.

when I got home my husband looked and said they drained the fluid from the resevoir. I drove home from savage to st.paul with no brakes, putting my life and others at risk, i really need some satisfaction, I feel its because I am a girl and would not know any better.

Jacki
st.paul, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2003 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TIRES-PLUS/SAVAGE-Minnesota-55379/TIRES-PLUS-rip-off-SAVAGE-Minnesota-41761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TIRES PLUS

technician view ..i smell a cover up

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

first of all people there are alot of lousy shops around this country and most of them thrive on trying to get customers happy but the shops i have seen,heard and worked at have all talked to each other,technicians talk to each other,consumers talk to each other--read below carefully.

first of all--always get a second opinion
second of all-if you feel your car has been damaged by a shop, call the cops, that is what they are there for.

third of all--there are alot of places i have seen to stay away from and its not the business that is usually bad, its the help they hire, these guys get desperate when they are on commission and not making money, but the sad thing is companies like good year, tires plus, firestone and alot of other small companies that dont take care of the people who make them money, all have what i call lousy pay for the technicians and these companies promise the world to technicians that work for them.

my reason for putting this here is because the shops are charging a very high rate of flat rate hour and the technicians around the country are hardly getting a percentage of this at all and the dealerships are the same way--they bump up the flat rate but they dont give the techs a raise and its high time the unions around this country got off thier asses and came up with a better pay plan for technicians because the unions set the market for salaries in the field and if the union technicians are making good money then the aftermarket shops will pay better just to keep up, well unless you find some shop that refuses to take care of the technician that made them richer!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sorry to see you had your car damaged by them, any manager who offers to pay for brake part when they are claiming they didnt do anything, he is just not saying out loud that they did it but we will fix it just so you dont say anything--i smell a cover up.
good luck and i hope you win!!

AUTHOR: Rich - (U.S.A.)

To your report of tires plus rip-off savage minnesota. i was reading your letter and i was wondering what kind of car and did you sign the work order for they do a complete car inspection, and if you do not want this free service you are supposed to tell them that.

When they look at your brakes iam guessing that you needed brake hoses also. Brake hoses do not break unless they are cracked, (did they tell you that they were cracked)

I was an employee for tires plus for 5 years and I have never seen an employee harm or deface a customers car or personal belongings,

P.S (make sure your past experiences with tires plus did not lead you to your experence on 1/16/2003)

AUTHOR: Rich - (U.S.A.)

they let me leave with no brakes

AUTHOR: Jacki - (U.S.A.)

I was talking with a man from I believe the franchise, he was talking back and forth between the store and myself. This is what I asked for and thought I was totally reasonable. Cost of the part, refund on their labor, and thought a little something for my husband having to install it. (something)

Well the owner (he said) called me and say's that "1st of all he does not appreciate my accusing them of cutting my brake line, for the risk ect... are to great for such practices (along that lines) I replied that even if it was accidental they let me leave with no brakes. He offered to pay for the $21.00 part, I refused that and will look into it with a lawyer or I will soon as possible will be picketing the establishment.

One other thing he stated, that they offerred to bring it back in and hoist it up to find the problem well then I really believe it was not an accident because that is a lie, if he lied about that chances are he lying from the start.

Then I figured when they 1st pulled my car in it had breaks and when I got in my car it immediatly went to the floor so when they pulled it out and parked it they knew it was going to the floor, and they let me get in and drive away twice.

never will I patron a tires plus

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Report them

AUTHOR: Howard - (U.S.A.)

Several thing you can do.

Report them to the police. It may come under crimminal damage to property.

Report them to the local newspaper or tv station.

Report them to the States Attorney's Office.