Complaint Review: TIVO

• Updated: Fri, December 06, 2013

• Reported By: toolman1990 — Cincinnati Ohio
TIVO
Customer Support TiVo, Inc. 2160 Gold Street P.O. , Select State/Province USA

TIVO Not refunding Overnight shipping after they gave UPS The package after the cut off time package did not arrive next business day San Jose California

I ordered the TIVO Premiere 4 500GB DVR at zero down with a two year commitment on December 5, 2013 at 6:15 A.M. EST . I paid $77.95 for overnight shipping with tax. I placed the order before their cutoff time at 11:00 A.M. PST . I got an email with the tracking Number at 6:25 P.M. EST . When I went to UPS Website to track the status of the package it had an origin scan at 11:14 P.M. and another entry that said "Shipper tendered the shipment to UPS after the latest pickup time for the requested service. A day delay is likely." I called Tivo December 6 2013 when they opened I got transfered to a supervisor and they said their was no way that could happen it had to be UPS and told me to call them becuase TIVO would not. I called UPS finnaly got to a supervisor and they told me that TIVO had UPS pick up the package after the cut off time and that is why it would not be delivered on 12/6/2013 and that if I wanted a refund I would need to take that up with TIVO. Called TIVO again got another supervisor and they only offered to refund half of the shipping and I told them no I want my overnight shipping refunded because the delay was caused by TIVO not shipping the order before the cut off time. The supervisor responded that I do not believe you thier is no way that could of happened. Then I responded then call them and they will tell you that the delay was caused by them not shipping the package before the cut off time and he said no. Then I told them if you do not want to call then pull up the tacking information from UPS it is listed in the tracking informaion. Then he said no real fast, followed by no I do not believe you. Then I told him that I would file a dispute with my bank and that they would be hearing from them and I hung up and called my Bank. I have a dispute opened up and I am waithing to hear back from my bank on the status of the dispute of the shipping charge. I will update on the outcome of the dispute.

Exception

Fort Worth, TX, United States, Thursday, 12/05/2013

Never track again! Get FREEalerts for all packages coming to your home.

I am already a UPS My Choice Member

Additional Information

12/05/2013
Package
11.00 lbs

Shipment Progress

LocationDateLocal TimeActivity
Fort Worth, TX, United States 12/05/2013 11:14 P.M. Shipper tendered the shipment to UPS after the latest pickup time for the requested service. A day delay is likely.
  12/05/2013 11:14 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 12/05/2013 3:15 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2013 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TIVO/Select-StateProvince/TIVO-Not-refunding-Overnight-shipping-after-they-gave-UPS-The-package-after-the-cut-off-t-1104950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TIVO