Complaint Review: TIVO

• Submitted: Thu, February 26, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 26, 2009

• Reported By:Sherman Oaks California
Nationwide U.S.A.

TIVO Refusal to Adjust billing For a unit Not used In 2 years! They confirmed it too! Alviso california

I discarded an Old TIVO unit 010-0000-5029-8C38, which has not been used, according to TIVO Co. records, since June 17th, 2006. However, a $6.95 credit card fee has been posting since that time. Upon receiving an email asking for an updated credit card, I went to the TIVO website, where I was shocked to find that the bill was regarding that old unit that I disgarded more than 2 years ago!! TIVO has $215.45 that belongs to me. I want it back. I am also a TIVO customer on another account, which not in question. Here is my experience with their customer service:

When I spoke to Greg, employee CP-LANDEGRE, stated that he would have to escalate the call just to get only $6.95 removed off the bill and taken out of possible collections. Furthermore, it would take a week. I actually felt bad for the guy. His company gives him no empowerment as a supervisor to exercise the very good judgment that helped elevate him to his position. I am guessing that such bureaucracy probably is far more costly over time than empowering TIVO reps with more resolve. In addition, he actually agreed that if he were in my shoes, that he would do the same thing. Moreover, he admitted that there were problems within the company's own CSR unit, citing a case earlier in the day where a customer paid-up an account and it still went to collections. I would be willing to bet that there are executives within TIVO ranks who have Direct TV at home & had problems with their service & admit that issues like this are resolved with the first CSR they speak with (As opposed to TIVO. I spoke with 3 reps today!). I was escalated twice. The second time, they told me to call another number where I waited on hold for 31 minutes (why not just transfer me?).

Michael in sherman oaks
Sherman Oaks, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2009 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TIVO/nationwide/TIVO-Refusal-to-Adjust-billing-For-a-unit-Not-used-In-2-years-They-confirmed-it-too-Alvi-428782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TIVO