Complaint Review: TIVO

• Updated: Wed, November 01, 2006

• Reported By:Alviso California
TIVO
www.tivo.com Nationwide U.S.A.

TIVO Sent me to collections for a cancellation fee I was informed I dont need to pay ripoff Alviso California

After leaving my home, I stopped using the service. I received a letter stating to pay off the last couple months and that I will no longer be charged any fees or cancellation charges. I paid the balance in full online via their website (www.tivo.com ). The balance stated zero.

A couple months later I received a collection notice stating I owe around $65 in cancellation charges. I never received a notice in the mail for this charge. I never received a phone call for this charge. I never received an e-mail for this charge.

The company directly sent me to a collection agency. My balance with TIVO clearly stated $0.00 and I owed nothing. After contacting customer service a couple times I was told two different stories, lied to, neglected, and treated improperly. TIVO stated that they do not mail letters to customers, ever. When in fact, I received two letters form them stating to pay for the months that I have not been home and that there would be no cancellation fees. Either I was lied to, or the supervisor I spoke with was under-educated about the company's policies.

The company neglect to inform me of any cancellation fees, let alone contact me to speak about them. I do not feel I should be responsible for something that I did not receive notice of. Let alone a charge that was promised, in writing, that I will not have to face.

I have been a long time TIVO customer and was planning to purchase new units for a home I recently bought, but after this kind of customer service I received I am re-thinking my future plans.

Mike
Alviso, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2006 04:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TIVO/nationwide/TIVO-Sent-me-to-collections-for-a-cancellation-fee-I-was-informed-I-dont-need-to-pay-ripof-218558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TIVO