breathing

Complaint Review: TJ Brothers Inc

• Submitted: Wed, August 31, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, August 31, 2011

• Reported By: Luke Justice Against Bad Contractors — Medford New Jersey United States of America
TJ Brothers Inc
1840 S. 5th Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

TJ Brothers Inc John Chan, TJ Bros., TJ Brothers Construction Destroyed my home and they don't have insurance to fix/remedy any of the problems Philadelphia , Pennsylvania

In 2008 TJ Brothers Inc did a rehab job to my home in fishtown phila pa.  the addition  lasted 2.5 years and then fell a part due to a horrible contracting job by John Chan/TJ Brothers Inc.

TJ Brothers Inc is a shell entity that has no assets, so if sued for a bad job, you can't get anything out of them.  His insurance didn't even cover my house.

There is no legal recourse against him as John Chan/TJ Brothers Inc is a shell entity and their insurance doesn't cover the work they do.

I've tried taking them to court, but after my attorney looked over everything, he basically said i'm screwed.  I now have to trust John Chan/TJ Brothers Inc to fix the home.  They have limited my experts that are to oversee the work John Chan/TJ Brothers will do to remedy the mess they created to my home.

I have hardly any way to make sure my experts get to oversee what's needed, since there's $3,000.00 alone in mold remediation and John Chan/TJ Brothers will only allow $2K for my experts.  You do the math.

I'd rather have a crack head build my home than TJ Brothers Inc/John Chan.  This goes to show you that our legal system is messed up.  I can become a contractor, destroy a job and when sued, laugh in your face, since you have no legal actoin against me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2011 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TJ-Brothers-Inc/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19148/TJ-Brothers-Inc-John-Chan-TJ-Bros-TJ-Brothers-Construction-Destroyed-my-home-and-they-d-771578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TJ Brothers Inc