• Report: #431968

• Submitted: Sun, March 08, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, September 24, 2011

• Reported By:Fairport New York
TJ Harrington
33 University Avenue Rochester, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 585-271-2010
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

TJ Harrington, Integrity Real Estate Properties, Inc. Self professed expert real estate investor is a bumbler with a string of failures to his credit. He is a crook with a long list of past partners, clients or investors that he has ripped off, or left holding the bag for his failed deals. Rochester New York

*Consumer Comment: Update from CA Investor...

*General Comment: Not successful

*Consumer Comment: TJ Is An Unprofessional, Overgrown Man-Child

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Tj Harrington is a real estate investor who has always placed his clients, friends and family before himself.

*Consumer Comment: TJ Harrington Does Have Happy Clients

*Author of original report: TJ Harrington Real Estate Ripoff Artist

He continues to defraud unsuspcecting real estate investors in the Rochester, NY market by using his bogus Rochester REI Club to promote himself and line his pockets with members fees and kick backs from any vendor who "supports" this club. While he is good at marketing, members don't stay for more than a few months before they figure out his angle is to fleece them and enrich himself.

His company, Integrity Real Estate Properties, Inc. offers to take investors money and invest in poorly planned real estate investing "opportunities". His ability to find a good deal, to renovate, occupy and manage it lead to each deals demise. The investor foolish enough to partner with him loose all of their capital. Integrity may be his company name, but it is not his method of operation.

TJ Harrington has defrauded the Federal Government's HUD owner occupant program multiple times. A complaint was filed recently with HUD's Office of Inspector General citing his purchases of HUD owned homes under their owner occupant program, which he never occupied himself. He then transferred title from himself into one of his sham companies, a clear violation of HUD rules. Due to his high profile in the community, HUD is expected to launch an investigation which should result in huge fines, seizure of his property, and imprisonment. Any investors connected to him run the risk of being painted with the same brush, truly a shame for these poor innocents.

Be wise and stay away from TJ, he gives real estate investors and Rochester a bad name.

Bud
Fairport, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2009 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TJ-Harrington/Rochester-New-York-14605/TJ-Harrington-Integrity-Real-Estate-Properties-Inc-Self-professed-expert-real-estate-in-431968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TJ Harrington

Update from CA Investor...

AUTHOR: REInvestor - ()

I am that investor Linda, and the situation has changed dramatically.  I am finding it much more in line now with the other complaints that are out there, unfortunately.  I just didn't want any other out of state investors to be misled.  Thank you.

#2 General Comment

Not successful

AUTHOR: Jay - (United States of America)

I've had a business relationship with TJ for the past few years and to say that he is successful in any way shape or form is absurd. TJ drives a 10 year old rusty Chevy Blazer, lives in a middle class home with its own issues, and is always on to the next marketing scam to cheat people out of their money. He has more businesses that don't make money than anyone I know and does not pay his bills. It just makes me wonder how many failed businesses he has had and how much money he has scammed from clients for services not performed.

TJ has so much going on tha he does not have time to follow through on any of his grandiose ideas. Tenants hate him and I would too if I lived in the deplorable conditions that are maintained by his company. He sells real estate in the slums of Rochester, NY to investors that have no idea the neighborhoods he's purchasing these properties.

He charges his clients for work performed and then does not pay his Independent contractors for the work. I'd consider that defrauding his clients.

I can totally agree with the person that was smart enough to say no. I just wish I did. I performed the lawn maintenance for part of each season for the last few years and there is always a fight over money. Money that I'm sure he does not have. He will hire almost anybody to do work for him as long as he makes the most profit that he can. I charged him $10 a mow for each of the 60+ properties that he is responsible for and he expected me to pick up all the garbage tenants threw into their yard, pick a mower up over unregisterd cars blocking the yards, cut down brush, and hedgetrim. Luck for me my contract states I only perform mowing and string trimming. He wanted me to weed flower beds, move tables, pick up dog chains, and wait for people to get their 5 kids inside and pick up all their toys every week for $10. When I told him no and that I don't work for free he said he was ending the contract because of my non performance. I did exactly what I said I would do but he wants you to work for free when he is charging twice as much as I am sitting behind his desk.

The only satisfied clients he has are out of town and that is what he shoots for because he controls all aspects of the property. That way tenant complaints go to him, he is the General Contractor on every job and decides what he's going to charge, and the client never really has any idea what is going on with the property they own.

He has too many business schemes to really give anyone what he's promised and when it comes to paying people what they have coming to them he always devises a way to cheat them out of it or strong arming them into not getting what they deserve.

I hope to God that the HUD home allegation is true because he deserves to lose everything, even if its not much. I just wonder where all the money really goes that he is collecting.

TJ Is An Unprofessional, Overgrown Man-Child

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

I met with TJ to discuss his need for a staff graphic artist, after having to sit through a nearly five hour launch of his latest multi-level marketing scheme.  Since I had to leave (I have other obligations, and prior to this, I was assured I would be out of our meeting soon after their sales pitch), I completed my discussion with him via e-mail.

I approached him with fair pricing for what he needed, and his response was:

"We will contract with you per job but for now your will have to do it very cheep!  The first few jobs will have to be for Free so we can see if your work is acceptable to us and if we can work together.  We can pay you a small fee at the beginning and then give more as time goes on.  I can help you get better paying work from my clients like **** as payment (commission) for doing our work.  I always give compensation in some form for the work people do for me."

When I responded with:

"Thank you for your response, but I don't believe that it will be wise for me to go any further with this.

I cannot do any work for free, and while it's nice to have referrals, I prefer them come from paying clients.  I am leery of working with anyone who believes that referrals are an acceptable form of compensation, given that not every referral results in a paying client. "

His response was, quite possibly, the most unprofessional thing I've ever read:

"Unfortunately you don't fit in with our SuccessTrack Marketing Team!  I was just testing you to see if you were a fit with our company when I said that I can't pay you at the beginning.  Your response is why you don't have a job and your setting at home make nothing."

What it boils down to, is, TJ is unprofessional, immature (at 57 years old???) and dangerous to work with.  Avoid him AT ALL COSTS.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I used to work under TJ Harrington and still would be if he had not equipped me with the tools to go out and start my own business. For this I am very grateful.

He is incredibly business minded and seems to know every aspect of the small business and specifically, real estate investing. He will talk your ear off for hours on the the right investing moves to make.

His biggest fault may simply be that he always places his family, friends, and clients, way before himself. I have witnessed Tj taking countless hours out of his day to help consult other small business owners on how they can increase their leads, build a bigger network, and better utilize their time.

TJ Harrington has built several businesses from the ground floor up, and will then train the right individual to take it over. In this, he completely changes the life of the individual who gets to take the reigns. People who have only needed the opportunity to prove themselves. TJ is able to see the potential, and capitilizes on it; much the same way he sees the potential in real estate properties.

I hope many more get the pleasure of working with TJ, to at the least, have some of his own business ethics rub off on them.

Please feel free to contact me to expand on any topic.

Steve Adams
Against the Grain Media
P: 315.546.5181

TJ Harrington Does Have Happy Clients

AUTHOR: Linda L. - (U.S.A.)

Hello, I wanted to let consumers know that I personally have met a California investor who purchased property from TJ Harrington and is quite happy. I also have done business with TJ, as I am in the real estate and media industry, and found him to be a very sincere and hard-working person who takes his fiduciary duty for his clients very seriously.

Linda Pliagas
Realty411 editor
www.Realty411guide.com

TJ Harrington Real Estate Ripoff Artist

AUTHOR: Bud Williams - (U.S.A.)

If you need proof of these claims, ask him to produce any clients, investors or partners who have been with him more then 12 months. If he can produce anyone, ask them to personally vouch for his "integrity" and ask them how much cash money they have made under his guidance. Be sure they are not talking "paper profits" which will never be realized.