Complaint Review: TLG AUTOVNTGE

• Submitted: Sat, February 14, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 26, 2009

• Reported By:Newtown Square Pennsylvania
TLG AUTOVNTGE
100 Connecticut Avenue Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.

TLG AUTOVNTGE FRAUDULENT CHARGES ON MY CHECKING ACCOUNT Norwalk Connecticut

*Consumer Suggestion: Your husband's fault

*Consumer Suggestion: Your husband's fault

*Author of original report: FOUND OUT HOW THE BASTARDS GOT INTO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT

I noticed a charge for $149.99 from TLG AUTOVNTGE on my checking statement on 2/3/09. I have no clue who this company is or what they sell. I did not approve any charges from them and was horrified to see that they had gained access to my checking account. My bank is cooperating with me on filing a fraudulent claim against them, however, I am unable to reach them by phone to find out who they are and why they charged me for services/ products I didn't approve.

I have filed a complaint with the FTC an the PA Banking Bureau, but noticed there are a ton of complaints about them already. Complaining is apparently getting us no where. Does anyone know if they are being pursued for prosecution? Has anyone successfully received a refund???

Any further information anyone can give me on this will be deeply appreciated.

smd1227
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2009 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TLG-AUTOVNTGE/Norwalk-Connecticut-06850/TLG-AUTOVNTGE-FRAUDULENT-CHARGES-ON-MY-CHECKING-ACCOUNT-Norwalk-Connecticut-424226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TLG AUTOVNTGE

AUTHOR: Smd1227 - (U.S.A.)

We have done business with this company for years. We regularly receive coupons and incentives to shop. Why would a nice $5 refund check be any different? This entire situation - which has become a national nightmare - is about the company's greed, not the consumer's. Through some deceptive mechanism, such as an innocent-looking refund check or coupon, they dupe their loyal customers into bed with their unscrupulous business partners. That's where the real greed comes in. AND, what's particularly disturbing is that the company you thought you could trust has provided your personal - and what you thought was private - banking information to the scamming company so they can post the charge. It's a violation of trust and people who are victims are betrayed, not greedy.

AUTHOR: Smd1227 - (U.S.A.)

Finally found out how I was charged. We received a refund check from Fragrancenet, where my husband & I shop online all the time. We thought, since we were good customers, they were sending us a shopping incentive. Boy were we wrong. We deposited the check into my checking account. That check opened the door for TLG AUTOVNTGE to post that charge into my checking account. Guess where they got my banking information? FRAGRANCENET.

After an interminable telephone call - where they did their best to harass me into hanging up, but I was patient & persevered until they ran out of steam - I finally reached a manager, who I was able to convince that the charge should have been posted to my husband's account, not mine, since the check was in his name. I also told them that I didn't have a car, so I believe that was the dissuading factor in my credit refund. Whew!

We have severed our relationship with Fragrancenet. They are in bed with these disreputable firms who are all scam artists & F-rated by the BBB. I hope they go out of business.

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

And if he bothered to read the information on the back that IS NOT IN FINE print this never would have happened.

I have never seen this particular check - but have received similar ones from a credit card company. THERE IS NO QUESTION what the checks are for and AS LONG AS YOU READ THE INFO provided and just shred the d**n things you do not get caught up in it.

PLACE THE BLAME WHERE IT IS DUE - YOUR HUSBAND. Or YOU just in case you decided to blame it on your husband in the complaint so YOU do not look like an idiot.

#12 Consumer Suggestion

Your husband's fault

AUTHOR: D K - (U.S.A.)

You were not ripped off.. this is your husband's fault because he deposited that check into your account without bothering to read what it was for (greedy?) I get those all the time and every one of them states that by cashing/depositing that check you are agreeing to sign up for their membership (savings sites). Tell your hubby next time to learn how to read... if you have a problem, take it out on him... TLG did NOTHING wrong.

#13 Consumer Suggestion

Your husband's fault

AUTHOR: D K - (U.S.A.)

FOUND OUT HOW THE BASTARDS GOT INTO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT

AUTHOR: Smd1227 - (U.S.A.)

If you receive ANY refund checks from ANYWHERE, make sure they are legitimate. READ THE FINE PRINT, if there is any. My husband received a $5 refund check from Fragrances.com. He put it into MY account and that's how they got into my account to post the charge; devious, deceitful bastards.

I filed a complaint with the FTC and am calling Fragrances.com about being in bed with these thieves and cancelling my account with them. I highly recommend anyone doing business with them, does the same thing. After spending about 30 mins with them on the phone last night, while they passed me from person to person, trying to convince me they couldn't find the account to return the money, I finally wore them out and they agreed to return the money.