Complaint Review: TLG*GREATFN

• Submitted: Fri, November 21, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2008

• Reported By:Mt. Pleasant Utah
TLG*GREATFN
P.O. Box 6100 Westerville, Ohio U.S.A.

TLG*GREATFN Charges 11.99 for the past 6 months to my credit/debit card Westerville Ohio

The company TLG*GREATFN (dba: Great Fun) charged 11.99 dollars to my account over the past six months.

I called the number listed to find out what is going on and found out that I elected for a 30 day free trial for their travel services when I bought a hotel room on Priceline.com.

Apparantly it is a round about back door process but it automatically rolls to a full membership costing 11.99 per month when you unknowingly fail to contact them at the end of the 30 day trial.

I contacted their customer service center and dealt with the run of the mill service rep on a script. Once I was confident that my unwanted membership was cancelled and after sturnley telling him I wasn't interested in their services I asked him about refunding the six charges to my account. The rep gave me a reference number, fax number and instructions to write a letter and fax that letter to the number provided. A refund would be issued within 48 hours from receipt of fax.

Of course I wasn't happy with that and requested I speak with a manager. I got Thelma (Supervisor) on the phone, she verified my name and mailing address and then gave me a confirmation number for the refund to my card. The refund is supposedly going to hit my account in no more than 10 business days. I didn't have to explain things again.

Hope this helps others that have fallen trap to the pop-up barrage we face at some websites like I did.

Doug
Mt. Pleasant, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2008 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TLGGREATFN/Westerville-Ohio-43086/TLGGREATFN-Charges-1199-for-the-past-6-months-to-my-creditdebit-card-Westerville-Ohio-393673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TLG*GREATFN