Complaint Review: TLG*PRIVGRD - Chase

TLG*PRIVGRD - Chase
, Connecticut United States of America

TLG*PRIVGRD - Chase On my chase statement $12.99 a month Connecticut

*Consumer Suggestion: TLG*PRIVGRD = Trilegiant Privacy Guard

I called the credit card company to cancel the TLG*PRIVGRD charge that has been on our credit card statement for over two years, thinking that is was something like the insurance that you buy in case you lose your job or something. I then find out that it is not a service we signed up for through Chase, but a third party. I was one so furious with my self for not paying better attention, then embarrassed to even mention it to my husband, and then even more furious that Chase and the company seem to be in cahoots on the whole thing. I can remember asking my husband about it long ago, but we both thought it was the above. I have paid this company over $400.00 and been the ultimate sucker the entire time. Not to mention the interest I have paid on top of that. I am sure I am their favorite customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2009 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TLGPRIVGRD-Chase/-Connecticut-/TLGPRIVGRD-Chase-On-my-chase-statement-1299-a-month-Connecticut-504139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TLG*PRIVGRD - Chase

#1 Consumer Suggestion

TLG*PRIVGRD = Trilegiant Privacy Guard

AUTHOR: justin.j.smith@gmail.com - (U.S.A.)

TLG*PRIVGRD is known as "Trilegiant Privacy Guard" .  Apparently they market themselves as offering "credit monitoring and protection". I have no idea if they are legitmate or not, but I do see alot of similar reports here and on other websites.  It seems they get people involved by a 1$ for the first month deal and people just forget about them. Shady perhaps, but not exactly a scam.

Here's their contact information:
Customer Service
Phone: 1-877-202-8828

>furious that Chase and the company seem to be in cahoots on the whole thing.
I don't get how your blaming Chase? They faithfully reported to you every single month that the money was being taken out.