Complaint Review: TMC Management Corp.

• Submitted: Sat, November 30, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, November 30, 2013

• Reported By: Debi — Tulsa Oklahoma
TMC Management Corp.
7643 E. 51st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma USA

TMC Management Corp. Disabled Widow put into second floor apartment, after specifying I needed ground floor. Tulsa Oklahoma

When I first contacted Cobblestone Apartments, I told them I needed a ground floor apartment as I am disabled widow.  They told me no problem and led me to believe I would have ground floor apt.

When I got my key and went to move in, it was on the 2nd floor.  I called them and they told me that was all the one bedroom they had, we'd sign a six month lease and by then they could get me downstairs.

At the end of the six month lease they gave me an option on a ground floor apartment with the ceiling over the bathtub falling in, and told me I'd have to also put up an additional deposit.  Since my kids did not believe that apartment to be safe and I could not afford another deposit, I opted to stay where I was.

I believe there is a law concerning a disability saying they have to relocate a disabled person to something that would fit their disability at their expense, especially since they were told in advance to me renting.

I'm still here-Feb. will be three years-and I'm severely affected by trying to go up and down the stairs to check mail, do laundry, walk my dog, etc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2013 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TMC-Management-Corp/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74145/TMC-Management-Corp-Disabled-Widow-put-into-second-floor-apartment-after-specifying-I-n-1103279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TMC Management Corp.