• Report: #681906

• Reported By: Duped — Courtice Ontario Canada
TMC Restoration
3 Brewster Road Brampton, Ontario United States of America

TMC Restoration stands for The Major Con company Brampton, Ontario Canada

TMC Restoration does business at the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto and malls. They have a great set up with perfect examples of restored antique furniture. Beware! It's not what you get. DON'TLET THIS COMPANY TOUCH YOURANTIQUES!

Mike spent several hours in our home; mostly talking about himself and his family. The contract finally comes out. "For you we'll do this for $1,082.50 plus tax.Your chairs are in great condition. Whoever refinished them did a great job. They only need the upholstery changed, good foam on the seats and glue at the hips where they're a little loose. We can do that, no problem."

First upcharge - Mike calledthe office. "The fabric you pickedisexpensive. Can I add $100?" Of course you can, these were my Grandmother's chairs. The total is now $1,182.50 plus tax (1,336.23). I didn't need to have this work completed before Christmas, however, Mike asked at the office if the chairs were picked up tonight, could they be back before Christmas. Yes, no problem. Contract signed, deposit given and the chairs picked up that night.

Second upcharge - Three weeks later I receive a call at work from Tino. "The chairs really need a better quality glue than the contract calls for. To do thisI need another $500." "Wow, really," I say. "OK, I can do this for another $380, taxes in, how about that?" Tino responds. Of course I say OK, these are Grandma's chairs.

Another call, "We're not sure we can complete this job before Christmas." I call back and tell the clerk that the only reason I didn't wait until February to have this done was based on the promise that the chairs would be back to me before Christmas.

Another call, "Don't worry, the chairs will be back to you before Christmas."

Third attempt for more money - Another call, "Your chairs are in quality control and they look wonderful, beautiful choice of fabric. All you need now is to pay another $$$ for fabric protection." I decline.

Another call,"We want to deliver your chairs December 23 and will need a certified cheque or bank draft for the balance of $1,380.00." The chairs arrive and the driver won't unload them or let me see them until he has the bank draft in his hand.

OMG! All 6 chairs receivedmore damagein the few weeks at TMC Restoration than received in the thirty years I've had them, using them daily. Gouges down the legs, marks in the centre back pieces, marks across the top to bare wood as if they were stacked upside down. One chair is so loose now that I can't use it - where's my $380.00 worth of glue? 4 chairs are still loose at the hips - I can't see where any glue was injected.1 chair has a large catch in the fabric, so much for new upholstery. Including tax $1,636.23 for upholstering 6 chairseats- that's $272.71 a chair. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY. I'm sorry I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2011 06:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TMC-Restoration/Brampton-Ontario-L6T-5G9/TMC-Restoration-stands-for-The-Major-Con-company-Brampton-Ontario-Canada-681906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TMC Restoration