Complaint Review: TMC

• Submitted: Mon, February 17, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, July 26, 2009

• Reported By:Georgetown Pennsylvania
TMC
PO Box 1774 Des Moines, Iowa U.S.A.

TMC ripoff Des Moines Iowa

*Consumer Suggestion: $ 8000.OO for Training????

*UPDATE Employee: Pay on Saturday????

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: TMC is a bad company that only cares about them self

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: TMC IS a RIP OFF

*UPDATE Employee: Haha.

*Consumer Suggestion: no bad things to say bout them but stay away from truckers marine core

Beware of this employment scam. You will go through at least two months of work which they will call training for almost nothing. They make you sign a form for a years employment than the nightmare begains.

After you have your own truck and are working 14 to 20 hour days they start their stealing process. They rip you off on miles every week(around 500 wk) and if you get a percent of the truck they will take points away without even telling you. This job has been unbelievable. After spending 8,000 dollars on a trucking driving school these clowns expect you to work for free.

After 6 months in my own truck and going further and further in the hole I had to Quit.They kept my last two paychecks which they hold back and do not return toll money you have already spent delivering thier freight. They are in your pocket weekly.

Route you on toll roads and than refuse to pay the tolls, any thing that might happen to the truck or load if it's not your fault (tires,ect.) will be deducted out of your paycheck. It is so blatant I can't believe its legal. With 1400 plus drivers almost all under a years service the money they steal is huge.

Every week a new group of 35 or more start and they will tell you after a year maybe one will remain.It has been a unbelievable bad experence and has put my familey of five through a nightmare. I only wish I had the resource to do something about it. TMC means "THE MORON COMPANY" to me!

Thomas
Georgetown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2003 05:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TMC/Des-Moines-Iowa-50306/TMC-ripoff-Des-Moines-Iowa-45672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TMC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Tragic - (U.S.A.)

They must have saw you coming. You should of gone to a private truck driving school----about $1500.00---You got raped---cheaper at SWIFT OR ENGLAND. About $3000.00 to $4000.00. I got my CDL for $1500.00. Well good luck on your job hunt!!!!---SEE YA IN THE DITCH!!!!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Pay on Saturday????

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Why would you get paid on Saturday???? Payday is Monday.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Cupig4ever - (U.S.A.)

well to start off the last 6 months of my family's life has been a living hell. Not only does the company not care what happens to you...nor do they care about your family that you are trying to support.. After 5 weeks with a trainer that didnt show me anything i was given my own truck...needless to say the out side apperance was great. The inside was trashed... All you do is wait with this company..waited two days to get the truck and then had to wait for a load. I went the frist two weeks and made hardly no money. My first "good" check they didnt pay me on saturday and had to wait till monday to even get my money. was only $700.00, then they wouldnt even write me a com data check for anything...keep in mind i didnt even have enough for a cup of coffee on me.. I called them and told them i couldnt take the load cause i was broke and they told me no problem...well 6 hours later they called and said if i didnt deliver i was fired..so i left..got screwed around all that week waiting for loads and ended up making 300.00...they wouldnt send me home when my wife was sick even though i was 150 miles from home.. the only thing that i can say about this company is if u like getting pushed around and lied to the go for it...but i had enough when all i could bring home is 160.00 for 6 days of work...

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#9 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#10 UPDATE EX-employee responds

TMC IS a RIP OFF

AUTHOR: Patman - (U.S.A.)

TMC is without a doubt a CON Artist company. THE COMMENTS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY ABOUT THERE WAYS IN WHICH THEY STEAL FROM THERE DRIVERS IS COMPLETELY ACCURATE AND TRUE FACT I also was a driver for TMC and they stole money from me every week. I started out good for the first week of driving and the pay went down hill from there. But, the miles and on time delivery by me did not. There point system is a joke for the percentage program.

When it was time for me to get my percent increase, without reason they wouldn't give it to me. All of a sudden I had to many out of route miles but drove the exact routes they gave me. My good points dropped overnight because they had no intention of allowing me to increase my wages. The dispatcher I had, (Merideth) was a moron and left the company.

I talked with the Dispatch Manager and told him I was not happy with the drop in pay and was considering turning in my truck and walking away. He talked a good line and I stayed on for a couple of weeks more and finally, after being gone for 6 days and only making $400.00 for the week because THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE LOADS TO HAUL I called it quits. There lack of loads was not my issues so I took time out and had my wife follow me back to there yard and returned the truck without any load on the truck, (because they didn't have a load for me).

After returning the truck, I was treated like dirt because I was quitting and didn't allow them to kick me out of the truck on the highway as they did my buddy who also drove for them. He told them he was going to return the truck and they made him leave the truck on the highway and find his own way home. Like me, they didn't pay him his last check either.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. Everything I've mentioned here is a FACT and did in FACT happen. All they will do is lie and steal from you and take food from the mouths of your family.

This company is making hundreds of millions of dollars every year off of there new drivers who are replaced constantly and yes at the rate of 35 a week. This guy is delivering loads and getting paid well as a company and screwing the very people responsible for getting him to where he is today. Unfortunately, I don't think he even knows that his own people are treating his drivers this way.

If your a company looking to hire a flat bed company, find another one that treats there employees like human beings. This is not the one.

Haha.

AUTHOR: Eckz - (U.S.A.)

I'm sorry but the information given in the first, and second posts are beyond false. I have driven for this company for over 2 years (And i started directly out of school) I haven't had any of the problems stated above. The only toll road that they do not authorize is 80/90 through Indiana / Ohio (I don't agree with it, but they tell you that you run it at your own risk.. If you chose to do so then that's your option, but they do not reimburse.)

To the second poster: This forum is here for people to post FACTS. Not something that you've heard.

If you run away from everything that you hear something bad about, i don't believe you will last long with any career, let alone the trucking industry, because even the best companies have their complainers. The grass thing has been a myth for some time now, you are politely asked to stay off of it while you're at the terminal, but you will hardly be fired for not doing so.. Again, stick to the facts. There are allot of people who are probably excited, and motivated about starting a career with TMC and the last thing they need is another one of these idiotic posts to stop them (Like allot of them almost did me.. In all honesty, i'm GLAD i diddn't listen to half of this crap about TMC, i've never been happier.)

#12 Consumer Suggestion

no bad things to say bout them but stay away from truckers marine core

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

iam a recent graduate from a very good truck driving school ........i have no bad things to say bout them but to my point im looking around to get into a company and i have x out a lot of big companys and tmc i was told the owner is a x-marine and a fellow got fired for steping on the grass and the corporate head quarters in iowa so stay away from truckers marine core
t m c