Complaint Review: TMI Wireless, Inphonic , Intelenet

• Submitted: Tue, February 15, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, March 28, 2005

• Reported By:Media Pennsylvania
TMI Wireless, Inphonic , Intelenet
9301 Peppercorn Place Largo, Maryland U.S.A.

TMI Wireless, Inphonic, Intelenet Ripoff Failure to respond per Company's published RMA Return Merchandise Authorization email and phone procedures Largo Maryland

*Author of original report: Resolved at last

*Author of original report: Notification of Account Credit Received

*Author of original report: RMA Subtly, Silently Revealed - I think.

Ordered cell phone LG1200-Blue on website, phone received 2 days later. Order #456044450 dtd. 1-19-05.
Decided to return phone (unused) a week later, due to undisclosed monthly Western Union charge of $3.95, required for monthly maintenance.

Return procedures require customer to obtain RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) for return to be processed, required in no more than 30 days.

Return procedures provide two contact points, a phone number (888-378-8091), or via an in-house email system.
The phone number is a self-directed, number controlled routing system, with the same set of instructions repeated endlessly, every 25 seconds, regardless of where on the phone tree the caller happens to be. Within the last week, I waited for "the next available person" to pick up the line, twice for half an hour and once for a full hour.

Using the in-house email system starting last Friday,Feb. 11, from the roll-down menu's I selected the option "RMA Authorization". Three emails sent, no response yet.
There is no other way to contact Customer Support for the needed RMA.

William
Media, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2005 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TMI-Wireless-Inphonic-Intelenet/Largo-Maryland-20774/TMI-Wireless-Inphonic-Intelenet-Ripoff-Failure-to-respond-per-Companys-published-RMA-Re-131424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TMI Wireless, Inphonic , Intelenet

Resolved at last

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Liberty Wireless credited my charge account on March 1, 2005, and now I will search other vendors for a Prepaid Wireless Plan.

Notification of Account Credit Received

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

On 03-02-05, received notice that my charge account was credited on 03-01-05 in the same amount as the original charge. If it shows up that way on my end of month statement, I'll be satisfied.

RMA Subtly, Silently Revealed - I think.

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

In sorting my email files (it's a slow day), I noticed that the last two Boiler Plate responses [which indicated NOT to reply to the Sender's email address, and that a reply would likely be received by me within two business days--hopefully]. I have received four of these identical emails, without any followup at all, much less in "two days".

But I digress. Sorting my received-and-read email by sender, I noticed something I'd missed before. On the last two Boiler Plate replies, there had been appended to the Subject Line a 7-digit number, in brackets.

This number was not referred to within the body of the email, so I'm going to have to go with it and ASSUME it's the RMA number. It it isn't, the returned equipment may be returned to me.
Stay tuned; I'll report back either way.