Complaint Review: TMobile

TMobile
Nationwide USA

TMobile preditory billing Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: A part of the fault is you too

Roughly 12 years ago I helped my sister obtain a cell phone from TMobile. I cosigned a 2 year agreement for her. At the time, I was a loyal and in perfect standing customer for many years with Tmobile. To this day, I had a PEFECT payment history spanning many years with Tmobile. I did finally end MY relationship with Tmobile about 5 years ago, again in PERFECT standing...

Over the years my sister added 4 lines giving her a total of 5 lines with the Tmobile. She payed for those lines faithfully every month, never even late and continued renewing when the contracts expired.

Then, in 2012 she was in need of a new phone and was told (by tmobile) that she could not make any changes, or get a new phone due to the fact that I was in bancruptcy. THEY advised AND Approved 5 new lines for her and said they would just "cancel" the original 5 lines that were associated with ME.

2 months ago I got a call from a collections company trying to get me to pay nearly $2400 from those original 5 lines from Tmobile. I was HORRIFIED... After much work just trying to get ANYONE from Tmobile to help me with this I did speak with a guy that said he would correct this for me...

Now, I just reviewed my credit report and learned that the guy from Tmobile only had the amount "reduced" from $2400 to only $1200.00........ I was HORRIFIED again...NOW my credit (that I have been PERFECT with since my bancruptcy) is trashed again, thanks to TMOBILE!!!!!! I need HELP!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2014 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TMobile/nationwide/TMobile-preditory-billing-Nationwide-1138640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TMobile

A part of the fault is you too

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

Your situation is complicated. When you filed for bankrupcy, you should have asked your sister to take over the co-sign contract when your sister renewed the contract, or you included them into your bankrupcy filing. For any service companies nowadays (phone/cable/internet/etc.), they will lock you into the FULL contract length once you renew it and you CAN'T change unless you cancel it. This is the workaround from the corporation to get money out of you because they do not work for you but for themselves.

Because your sister attempted to drop your name while the contract is still on, they could charge you the cancellation fees. Yes, it is a rip off from them, but it is also a legal rip off. Many people do not know this. Many sellers could careless for this issue because they get commission for selling a new contract. That's why they do not mention about it. I do not believe that any salesmen/saleswomen have no idea about this contract cancellation fees.

What can you do? Hmm... I guess there is not much you can do. You may need to contact them and negotiate for a payment plan. It would help your credit report that way. Simply ignore or not pay will result in even worse credit report... Also, I hope that you will NOT co-sign anything again because it is always a big problem when things do not turn out as planned.