Complaint Review: TOCO Auto Extended Warranty

• Reported By: Phil — Port Charlotte Florida
TOCO Auto Extended Warranty
10960 Ventura Blvd. Studio City, California USA

TOCO Auto Extended Warranty Warranty Rip-off Studio City California

On April 8,2014 I purchased a extended warranty contract from TOCO Auto warrany corp. On June 5, 2014 I brought my Toyota Sienna Van to Palm Toyota in Punta Gorda, FL because I discovered antifreeze on my driveway under the van. After they checked the van they discovered a leak in the radiator and since my contract states the cooling system is covered they called TOCO to make sure of the coverage and TOCO informed them that the fine print excluded a radiator replacement and since aluminum radiators are not repairable I had no coverage for this, just what other major components are there in an auto cooling system. I returned home and studied my contract and still haven't found the exclusion of the radiator but probably it's in there somewhere. Since the contract states I am intitled to a full refund less any claims PAID plus 3% for administrasion fee for paying the claim if I cancel within 60 days of purchase if I request the refund in writing so I wrote the request and sent it by UPS overnight so TOCO would receive it by 3pm west coast time on June 6, 2014 since the 60 days would be up on Sunday June 8, 2014. I called my credit card company to block any further and future payments from TOCO. The credit card company called TOCO to inform them and the person they needed to talk to was busy and would call me when he got free, today I receive a call on my cell phone when I was in a meeting so it went to my voicemail and when I called back to talk to NATE the lady that answered his phone extension told me that he was busy but she could handle it, when I explained about the letter to request a refund she told me that TOCO wouldn't make any refund because I had filed a claim, nowhere in the contract does it state this it only states claims paid and when I memtioned this then she said that if they did refund any payments it would only be the last payment less $50.00 for adminstration fees. This company is a rip-off so buyer beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2014 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TOCO-Auto-Extended-Warranty/Studio-City-California-91604/TOCO-Auto-Extended-Warranty-Warranty-Rip-off-Studio-City-California-1152691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TOCO Auto Extended Warranty