Complaint Review: TOK Mobile Homes

• Reported By:Drummond Island MI
TOK Mobile Homes
Warren, Michigan U.S.A.

TOK Mobile Homes Scam

Over the last year my life had been major hell dealing with this so called company. Which in all reality not really sure if it is an actual company. TOK Mobile Homes now manages Park Lane Mobile Homes in Warren, MI.

They took over management sometime around October of 2000. I moved out of my trailer in July of 2000 (I moved 350 miles away), which was up for sale with the help of my mother who lived a mile from the site. I had just purchased the trailer 3 years previously, added on a shed and did alot of renovation throughout the trailer.

The management company stepped in and disrupted my sale. Making demands that I had to put a front porch on the trailer (which I had lived without one for 3 year). So fine we complied and did so. One thing after another, them checking out my buyers credit and so one.

After a couple months the trailer was finally sold. It took them 3 months to return my security deposit and only after I sent a certified letter asking about it.

It is Michigan Law - with security deposits, that if you do not receive your deposit within 30 days time or a letter explaining why they are keeping part or all of it, that the managing company is liable to pay 1 and a half times the amount of the security deposit.

They kept me from selling my trailer for months, and then had the nerve to hold on to my security deposit so long. I hope nobody else should ever have to fight with this useless company as I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TOK-Mobile-Homes/Warren-Michigan-48091/TOK-Mobile-Homes-Scam-6527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TOK Mobile Homes