- Report: #1160464
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: TOSHIBA
TOSHIBA7810 bellaire blvd Houston, Texas USA
TOSHIBA LAPTOP Donot buy TOSHIBA laptop/desktop Houston Texas
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I bought this laptop (Toshiba Satellite P850) in may 2013 from Toshibadirect website. The item went dead (nothing on screen although power light and battery light will show on). Talked to Toshiba tech support for return (as it was still within one year of purchase) but instead told to go through RMA processin (in other words, send the laptop at your OWN COST) Toshiba repair warehouse in California. So I did in Late part of May 2014, but after 3 weeks, the item (laptop) was returned to me WITHOUT any discussion with me in PERSON (I have listed my phone number at the the time of RMA processing).
2 months later I found a message from Toshiba repair center in the junk folder of my email saying 'there was liquid damage found and motherboard was deaD' So TOSHIBA wanted me to pay for repair.
Excellent way of handlingg, right?
1. How can TOSHIBA prove that it was a liquid damage because I didnot notice any liquid on it while it stopped working ajust within 9 months of purchase (and of course within 1 year of manufacturer warranty).
2. When I buy a product from a reputable company like TOSHIBA then I expect some decency and professionalism in handling this type of cases. In other words TOSHIBA is saying that I (as a business owner and loyal customer) spent USD 25+ (fedex shipping), PLUS 6 + EXTRA HOUR OF MY TIME (talking about problem with tech support AND RMA processing AND for me to go to fedex center) to send a laptop which I KNEW (in TOSHIBA presumption) that is knowingly damaged in my possession. Thank you for your professionalism.
Below is the list of TOSHIBA item bought I have for my personal and business use:
TOSHIBA LAPTOP (MORE THAN 10)
TOSHIBA 55 inch flat screen
TOSHIBA ALL IN ONE DESKTOP (AT least TWO)
and more, I wish I have time and energy to put all this together
I have spent extra TWO hour on phone on TOSHIBA tech support today to address this concern and got the below a so called case reference number. W
Well Toshiba, I am abandoning your company and try to get my words out to let the people know what they should expect from TOSHIBA in future. Thats all from my side. Goodby Toshiba!
Just for a note, they have done the similar thing while handling a All in one Toshiba desktop repair few months back from this incidence (IT WAS A ALL IN ONE DESKTOP TOSHIBA where LED screen gone dead within 6 months of purchase). The repair center want you to ship the product at your cost to determine whether they can fix it or not. For all my other electronic devices, company used to send me a new replaced item with a return package where I can send my defective product back to the.
Being a busy person, it a waste of time and energy to go throught them (TOSHIBA). Simple solution just buy a new laptop/DESKTOP of course from another company.
bELOW ARE THE DETAILS if anybody has concern over validity:
Repair Order Summary:Repair Order Number: TC-10473548,Computer Model: SATELLITE P850,
Message from Toshiba: our RMA has been received; however there is a delay in processing it as it has (LIQUIDDAMAGE), which is not covered under the manufacturer warranty. For more information in regards to types of damages not covered under the manufacturer warranty, please visit http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/navShell.jsp?cf=Standard_Warrantyor refer to your User Manual.
Cost of the repairs (all amounts are USD)
Parts: $135.21 (MOTHERBOARD)
******Please note that these repairs are optional and if you would like to proceed with only in warranty repairs please advise******
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2014 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TOSHIBA/Houston-Texas-77479/TOSHIBA-LAPTOP-Donot-buy-TOSHIBA-laptopdesktop-Houston-Texas-1160464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.