Complaint Review: TOSHIBA

• Submitted: Tue, June 08, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, June 08, 2010

• Reported By: Kirk — Alexandria Virginia United States of America
9740 Irvine Boulevard, Internet United States of America

TOSHIBA, Toshiba America, Inc. will not honor free Windows 7 upgrade offer, Internet

Last fall I purchased a Toshiba laptop from Best Buy.  I was told that I could get a free upgrade to Windows 7 at any time after October.  I tried to get the upgrade today and was told that there was an expiration date on that offer.  I was never told by anyone that there was an expiration date when purchasing the laptop and the paperwork that states I get a free upgrade doesn't say anything about an expiration date.

After speaking with Best Buy, Toshiba, and Microsoft here is what I learned.  Best Buy states that Toshiba should honor it, but they have nothing to do with it.  Microsoft states that if it wasn't preloaded and I had the installation disk, then they would send me a new copy.  Since it was preloaded, Toshiba would have to send the copy.  Microsoft stated there was no expiration date on the offer and Toshiba should still honor the offer.

Toshiba transferred me through a few persons, each claiming that the offer is over and there is nothing they can do.  The final person I spoke with was Brittany who is a case manager.  She was rude and wouldn't give me any other information except that "It is our policy".  I'm assuming she meant it is their policy to not honor their promises, to rip off their customers, and make up unadvertised expiration dates for their offers.

So in conclusion, don't buy anything Toshiba.  They don't care about their customers.  If they won't even honor an offer that wouldn't cost them anything to honor, then do you really think that warranty is worth anything?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2010 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TOSHIBA/internet/TOSHIBA-Toshiba-America-Inc-will-not-honor-free-Windows-7-upgrade-offer-Internet-611759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TOSHIBA