• Report: #320942

• Submitted: Tue, March 25, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 25, 2008

• Reported By:Plano Texas
TOTAL PROTECT HOME WARRANTY
WWW.TOTALPROTECT.COM Ft Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

TOTAL PROTECT HOMe WARRANTY RIPPED OFF THROUGH THEIR AC CONTRACTOR Ft Lauderdale Florida

3-25-08 My name is Tim my phone is (((ROR REDACTED))), I live in Plano, Texas. Please call me or read this before using these Liars and Thieves. I called Total protect about my AC not working. They sent Rangers Heating and Air out to my house. The rep from Rangers said that my compressor was out and that it would cost me $300.00 for the gas & freon recovery. I gave the O.K. to Total Protect to have the work done and they again explained to me that I would have to pay the $300.00 for the gas and freon recovery. I told them I understood and had them to get it on order. When the compressor came in, Rangers AC called and told me that they were ready to come and do the work and that they would need to pick up a check for $680.00 at the time of service. I was dumbfounded, as this was the first that I had heard of this extra $380.00. I asked what it was for and they told it was to have the coils cleaned. I called Total Protect to find out what was going on. They called Rangers AC and the guy there said that the coils had to be cleaned before he could install the compressor and that he would not install the compressor without cleaning the coils and without the extra fee being paid. Total Protect backed him up and then explained to me that if Rangers damaged the coils in any way while cleaning them that they would not cover paying for the coils, so if there were any further problems with the issue of the coils, I would have to take that up with Rangers AC. I had no choice, but to have the work done. Both Companys are out to stick you and waiste your money. Make sure that you stay away from these people. THEY ARE LIARS AND THIEVES, AND THEY ARE IN IT TOGETHER. I have spoken to three other AC companies that assure me that they could have cleaned the coils for half the price and they hear many complaints about both of these companies. They expalined to me that this is the reason that none of them will work for Total Protect Home Warranty Company. If you are trying to get Rangers on the phone it is 469-335-3125. I am sure that he had to change it from to many complaints coming in on the old line.

Tim
Plano, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TOTAL-PROTECT-HOME-WARRANTY/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33355/TOTAL-PROTECT-HOMe-WARRANTY-RIPPED-OFF-THROUGH-THEIR-AC-CONTRACTOR-Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-320942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TOTAL PROTECT HOME WARRANTY