Deegan

• Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By: stephintexas — Rowlett Texas United States of America
TOYOTA OF RICHARDSON
1221 N. Central Expwy. Richardson, Texas United States of America

TOYOTA OF RICHARDSON Steve Grogean, Morgan, Sam Mansfield, Rip-Off, Finance Scammers, Trickery, Con Artist Richardson, Texas

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 -- I stop by after work to see if they had a Scion FRS and sure enough they did. Spoke with Sam Mansfield, Scion Sales Manager. Nice guy, but not very knowledgeable about their products, especially the technology aspects of the Toyota and Scion. Strange, considering he was a manager. Sam was a very nice, laid back, no nonsense guy..

Husband met me up there and test drove the Scion-FRS, which is a cool car, but very bare bones on the inside and scant on technology, compared to other cars in it's class and below,. We decided to look at the Prius C and later, decided to purchase!. The painstaking process took nearly four hours and our brains were fried and by the time we made it back to the finance department, the dealership was closing'.

After signing all the various paperwork, the upsell was in full swing'. My husband told Morgan, the finance person, from the very beginning that he did NOT want an extended warranty. For a brief time, she left it alone and later asked "What if I could get you an extended warranty without you having to pay anything more?" I replied, "Sure, I'll take it if it doesn't cost anything extra!"
Following my reply, Morgan walked out of the office and came back to say that she was going to give us Gap Insurance, Clear Coat and a 7-Year Extended Warranty for no additional cost|. He asked her how she got that done and her response was "I'm very persistent." Originally we were quoted approximately $500/month for our car payment. After she said that she was giving us all this free stuff, she tried to talk me into bimonthly, automatic checking account withdrawals that amounted to $250.00 every two weeks. She went on to say that we'd pay the car off earlier by doing this and never mentioned that we'd end up paying $3,000 additional which was for all the FREE stuff she said she was throwing in for us (Extended warranty, clear coat
and Gap Insurance).

Fast forward to the next morning after a night of rest, a clear head and access to a calculator, he realizes that this lady basically scammed him into agreeing for everything he told her that he did not want in the first place. He called the dealership and asked for the person in charge, who never bothered to call him back. I called them approximately three hours later and spoke to Jeff, the Sales Manager. He called my husband and said that we could come back in and go through all the contract crap again, which we were not willing to do. After we didn't show up to pick up the Prius C, he called and my husband told him that we'd take our business elsewhere and he said, "Alright."

Having a customer service background, this is no way to treat a customer. Most businesses/dealerships would do whatever it took to make things right for their customers and gain their trust. NOT Toyota of Richardson! Our sales person, Sam Mansfield, didn't even bother picking up the phone to call either. Apparently this dealership doesn't need anymore business and if they
treat a new customer this way, I can't help but wonder how they'd treat you once they had your money?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2012 06:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TOYOTA-OF-RICHARDSON/Richardson-Texas-75080/TOYOTA-OF-RICHARDSON-Steve-Grogean-Morgan-Sam-Mansfield-Rip-Off-Finance-Scammers-Tri-914268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TOYOTA OF RICHARDSON