Complaint Review: TOYS R US

• Submitted: Sun, January 06, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 11, 2013

• Reported By: angryvero — CEIBA Other Puerto Rico
TOYS R US
CALLE CALAF 955 PLAZA LAS AMERICAS SAN JUAN PR SANJUAN, Select State/Province United States of America

TOYS R US JOCELYN ALICEA MEDIOCRE CUSTOMER SERVICE.. FRAUDULENT RETURN POLICIES SANJUAN , Other

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Give us the whole story before you start whining

I had a very disappointing experience yesterday in Toys R Us Hato Rey Puerto Rico I recently purchased a 7 inch Tabeo Tablet
for my daughter during the month of December. The thing is the equipment turned out to be defective tablet wont turn, the screen didn't work. So I went yesterday to the Toys R US Where I bought it the one in Hato Rey, Puerto Rico, to have it exchanged by another tablet or for a refund. And not only did I wait sooo long in line I was attended by this obnoxious assistant manager , whom which after looking @ the tablet just simply told me she couldn't accept the tablet because the manufacturing company wouldn't accept it. I told her the Tablet had arrived like this yet she didn't do much or anything to help out in this situation.

All I can say is that Toys R US.. should emphasize more on customer service which is very low quality, they don't seem to hire a lot of employees although the stores are very big. Sometimes you have to walk around for a while through out the whole store in order to receive some assistance by a employee. As far as this situation I feel totally robbed/Scammed for my money. Employees are supposed to assist customers diligently and efficiently on any situation. But I just sensed they don't really care even though my daughter was next to me while I was trying to exchange the item ( Which obviously made her very sad,
she wouldn't stop crying on the way back home.) I simply don't understand why wouldn't Toys R US exchange my item or give me a full refund it seems there always some sort of controversy or excuse to their own benefit  when it comes to exchanges or refunds. Other stores like Game Stop, Electronics Boutique, Wal-Mart,  Amazon won't give those obstacles when it comes to exchanging a item which they also sell a whole lot CHEAPER.

Iam beyond indignated because the store manager totally wiped her butt with my receipt ( The purchase had been made less than a month ago) And even though  she did admit the Tablets were in fact coming with defects  she declined to offer any
assistance or a exchange, refund, store credit whatsoever. Usually I never really buy often in Toys R Us... because there isn't located where I live & because I don't find the prices of the items cheap or affordable.. compared to Wal-Mart or K-mart or Game Stop , AMAZON . But this incident totally made it for Iam never BUYING ANYTHING ON TOYS R US ... EVER AGAIN.. and will give NEGATIVE RECOMMENDATIONS to relatives and Close ones based on my Personal EXPERIENCE. I WILL NEVER BUY HERE EVER AGAIN. EVER AGAIN, EVER AGAIN. THEIR  RETURN POLICE IS A VERY FICTIONAL POLICY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2013 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TOYS-R-US/SANJUAN-Select-StateProvince-00918/TOYS-R-US-JOCELYN-ALICEA-MEDIOCRE-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-FRAUDULENT-RETURN-POLICIES-SANJUAN--992372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TOYS R US

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Give us the whole story before you start whining

AUTHOR: marge - (United States of America)

I don't believe you understood their return policy, or you're not telling us the whole story. Toys R Us will happily exchange an item within 30 days, IF they have the SAME EXACT item in stock. But from your report, it sounded like you wanted a refund, or else a different tablet altogether. It also sounds like you might not have had the packaging, which will prevent Toys R Us from returning any item. There is no "trial period" on electronic items. Do your research ahead of time, make sure you're buying the product you want, because you will be stuck with it if you decide you just didn't like it. And no, having your kid cause a commotion does not help you bend the rules.

I've noticed a lot of customers whine that Toys R Us has poor customer service, when the return policy is clearly posted. It's not poor customer service; it's following the policies of the company paying us.

If your tablet was truly defective, then you should contact the manufacturer.

My suggestion is to research the product thoroughly next time, as well as the company's return policy, BEFORE you purchase the item.