Complaint Review: TRACFONE

• Updated: Wed, June 12, 2013

• Reported By: LEONARD — CHATSWORTH California
TRACFONE
9700 NW 112TH AVE MIAMI FL 33178 MIAMI, Florida USA

TRACFONE SIGNED UP FOR 6 MONTHS FOR 29.99 & TOLD ONLY 3 MONTHS WANTED CREDIT ON CARD WOULD NOT GIVE WITHIN 1/2 HOUR MIAMI Florida

On June 12, 2013 I wanted to buy 120 minutes on a prepaid telephone. The female I spoke to was very hard to understand, as I had to have her repeat each statement she made several times. I asked her what the charges would be for 120 minutes for 6 months, which she told me 29.99, which I accepted. I then asked her to issue a new phone number, as I was in another state. She said to shut down the phone and restart and every thing would be OK. I did what she said, but nothing changed. I feel this person was incompetent, or did not enough training, as she said she would transfer me to a supervisor. Waiting for the supervisor, I noticed that the limit was for 3 months, not six months. When the supervisor came on the phone I explained to him what happened & I would like cancel and my credit card recredited for 31.01, which he said could not be done, as the charge was put through. There was a 15 minute gap between the charge & my request for a recredit, which he said could not be done. I told him I will be contacting my credit card company, and the BBB, which I have done. What shady practices is this company using.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2013 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TRACFONE/MIAMI-Florida-33178/TRACFONE-SIGNED-UP-FOR-6-MONTHS-FOR-2999-TOLD-ONLY-3-MONTHS-WANTED-CREDIT-ON-CARD-WOU-1058712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TRACFONE