continually

• Submitted: Fri, September 16, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, September 27, 2006

• Reported By:milbridge Maine
TRACFONE
WWW.TRACFONE.COM MIAMI, Florida U.S.A.

TRACFONE ripoff Did not get my years service for Double minutes! Sometimes roam in my own area! MIAMI Florida

*Consumer Comment: I was ripped off too

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: ripoff tracfone

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: ripoff tracfone

*Consumer Suggestion: expiration dates are as shown on your phone

*Consumer Comment: When people quit buying, they might change

Got a new phone from tracfone online, The first phone had a factory defect. Tracfone told me to send it to the Warehouse at my postage expence! Got back a new phone week later.

Purchased a double minutes card with 300 minutes for $149.99. Had a refer a friend got an extra 100 minutes. My due date appeared on my phone 10/03/05.

Getting close to my due time I purchased a 400 minutes card to give me 800 minutes. When I added online 9/14/05 I did not get the double minutes so I called tracfone. I Could not understand the man well he did not speak very good english also very noisy background.

He told me that my double minutes expired 8/12/05. I said please check again its the only card I have ever redeemed and my due date is not up yet. He put me on hold and returned telling me he spoke with two supervisers and sorry nothing I can do for you. If my double minutes expired why was my phone still in service?

Then I noticed that the new 400 minutes that I had just placed on the phone 9/14/05 Due date read 12/2/05. Thats more than 60 days.My true due date should have appeared on my phone as 11/14/05.

If I wait to place time on my phone 12/2/05 then they will take my rollover remaining minutes because my phone will have expired. Thats misleading and fraud. Sometimes they would take 2 units in my local area sometimes they would take one unit. I could never figure that out. Must be a random thing they do also.

Can't believe they just keep doing this to people and getting away with it! Whats up with that?

Bon
milbridge, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2005 04:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TRACFONE/MIAMI-Florida/TRACFONE-ripoff-Did-not-get-my-years-service-for-Double-minutes-Sometimes-roam-in-my-own-157268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TRACFONE

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Alexander - (U.S.A.)

I thought that Tracfone might be a rip-off. That's why I'm suggesting that, instead of being jipped by some fishy phone company, just join one of the major carriers.

Cingular now has Go Phone prepaid plans that don't require credit checks, and - from my personal experience - you get the same excellent service that other Cingular customers get (and NO rip-offs!!!). Sprint has Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile (prepaid, too, and probably also with no credit check). And, if you are in select cities, you can get Metro PCS (no credit check and no contract, prepaid).

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Derek - (U.S.A.)

"Life is too short to get angry about a mere telephone"...? Spoken like a person who gets walked all over by others in their "short" life. So you're saying if someone is ripped off, don't get mad, just let them take your money and move on? People are letting other people know that they were ripped off by Tracfone, and yeah you should get mad about it and let someone know.

Who's gonna be happy about losing their hard earned money and getting no results with horrible customer service? If enough people speak up about it then others will know and maybe won't make the same mistake of dealing with tracfone, which is the whole point of this website. I now switched to Virgin Mobile and have had no problems so far after being ripped off by tracfone. I also had my money back by calling my bank which the debit card was charged to and told them I never received the product, which was the air time I never did receive, which some of you might want to do if you used a credit, debit, or even online check.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

#7 Consumer Suggestion

#8 Consumer Suggestion

I was ripped off too

AUTHOR: Albert - (U.S.A.)

Not in quite the same way. I bought an air-time card, and tried to put the code into the phone. It came back as an invalid number. I called Tracfone's support line, and the person I talked to, gave me a fax number to fax a copy of the card and the receipt to Tracfone, and that I'd get the minutes (60) within about a week.

NEVER received the time, have tried since then to get the matter resolved, no luck. Fortunately I only lost $20.00. Next time, I don't know.

If I had the credit rating needed to get a better fone, I would.

#10 REBUTTAL Individual responds

ripoff tracfone

AUTHOR: Bon - (U.S.A.)

The due date on your phone is not the true expiration date. Beware.Life is too short to get angry about a mere phone but customers should get what they pay for! Saving money is the reason I picked tracfone.Understanding it is impossible when they keep changing the game.

#11 REBUTTAL Individual responds

ripoff tracfone

AUTHOR: Bon - (U.S.A.)

#12 Consumer Suggestion

expiration dates are as shown on your phone

AUTHOR: Delia - (U.S.A.)

Hi,
I sympathize with anyone who has problems with their Trac Fone, but I have had one for years (have even moved across country and just changed the phone number to make it local again) and did not experience anything even remotely close to these reports.

True, it takes about 15 minutes on the phone with a customer service rep to re-program it for changes, and changes do not take effect for 24 hours, but for an inexpensive, credit-free phone program you really can't beat it.

The screen clearly indicates your airtime expiration date - every time you power on the phone. When I purchased the phone (and an upgraded phone some time later) as well as when I purchased minutes online, it was clearly indicated when these would expire, and that if I did not use them prior to expiration they would be lost. It was also quite clear that if the phone was allowed to become inactive, I would lose my phone number as well as any minutes posted to that number. I think as long as you understand these things, it will make your Trac Fone experience much better. Or at least I hope so. I also have experienced long wait times and have also been unable to get through to the customer service number, but places of business only have a finite number of incoming phone lines, so this is bound to happen. Life is too short to get angry about a mere telephone.

When people quit buying, they might change

AUTHOR: Juliet - (U.S.A.)

If you do a search on this site of "TracFone", you'll find you're not alone!!! I was personally screwed out of over 500 minutes just because I bought a NEW TracFone. After that, my husband demanded I give it up and sign up with AT&T with a regular plan. Couldn't be happier. I hate TracFone.