Complaint Review: TRANSTECH MERCHANT

• Updated: Wed, October 08, 2008

• Reported By:RIVERSIDE California
TRANSTECH MERCHANT
www.transtechmg.com Nationwide U.S.A.

TRANSTECH MERCHANT GROUP - SUMMIT MERCHANT GROUP LOW QUALITY LEADS, FAILED TO PAY BONUS, MANY CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS ripoff NATIONWIDE

*Consumer Comment: Agreed

I originally applied to Transtech Merchant Group. They immediately moved me to Summit Merchant Group - a sister company. They have 8 different companies that do the same thing and they are all owned by the same holding company.

I selected Transtech because they seemed to have complaints that might not be valid. I now suspect that this group keeps the heat off by rolling from company to company and avoiding a long cohesive history. I gave them my required 2 day notice after the 5th day and a consistent 50% no show rate.

I worked Riverside and San Bernardino County for 7 days. The 1st day was exactly what they promised and in 2 interviews I made a sale. Then my appointments crashed to a stunning 50+% no show rate. I logged over 700 miles and ran 27 leads total. Had 14 no shows! Had 3 appointments to homes (all no shows). Had 3 appointments that were reruns to addresses I had reported were no longer occupied by the prospect (not included in no shows).

I had 4 prospects deny flatly that they had set an appointment. I had 4 appointments with customers of our sister companies! The way I see it, there is no way leads are legitimately verified with 50%+ no show and 3 known bad leads rerun.

I suppose it is possible there is a misunderstanding about the $100 bonus for the 1st sale that would result in me not being paid, but with their track record, I don't believe it.

The sale I made was fulfilled flawlessly.

This is not a "High Pressure Sale" per say, however, in order to survive an over saturated market they MUST close on the first sale.

I suppose in less populated areas that have not been beaten to death, this could be lucrative, but in So Cal or other major areas I don't believe it. The guy who was my team leader admitted his average monthly earnings were about $3,500.00. Consider that to be a Team Leader you need to be one of the best. $40K annually is a far cry for the $70K they say is realistic.

The last thing I think should be mentioned, is that, based on my experience, the Team Leader will do anything it takes to get the sale with no regards to the sales persons commission.

I would suggest being financially independent before applying.

John
RIVERSIDE, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2007 11:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TRANSTECH-MERCHANT/nationwide/TRANSTECH-MERCHANT-GROUP-SUMMIT-MERCHANT-GROUP-LOW-QUALITY-LEADS-FAILED-TO-PAY-BONUS-M-260053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TRANSTECH MERCHANT

Agreed

AUTHOR: Hpco - (U.S.A.)

I recently met a rep. I had told the caller I wasn't interested, but they sent him anyway. They wasted his time & gas even considering me a 'lead'.
I told him no and he called his boss who wanted to talk to me and didn't want to take "no" for an answer. They offered me a really great deal, but the contract says that no verbal agreements will be honored. There's no way that this rep could possibly make any money off me with the offer they made.

I agree that they are more concerned with signing people up than sales reps' commissions.