- Report: #256182
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: TRAVEL LIFE GO DIRECT ,SUNTASIA MARKETING
TRAVEL LIFE GO DIRECT ,SUNTASIA MARKETINGSeveral Locations On Ulmerton Road Largo, FL Largo, Florida U.S.A.
TRAVEL LIFE GO DIRECT, SUNTASIA MARKETING STOLE MONEY OUT OF MY BANK ACCT Several Locations On Ulmerton Road, Largo Florida
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: FEDERAL AGENTS RAID STRATEGIA MARKETING AKA SUNTASIA AND SHUT IT DOWN.
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Closed FTC
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Another Alert On Suntasia/Strategia Promotions
*Consumer Comment: Florida Travel Enterprises
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I am writing this to dispute the unauthorized charge of 59.95 made on 11 May 2007 to my checking account XXXX by Travel Life Go Direct. Check number is 9704847.
I was solicited over the phone by the above mentioned company for their services on 20 April 2007. Somehow they managed to get my bank information and when I asked them how they got all of that information they stated they got it from a visa/sharecheck purchase I had made while I was in Clearwater, FL on business.
There was a recorded phone conversation where I told them that at no point do I authorized any charges to my account and they stated several times that they would not charge my account. I later got a packet in the mail with a letter stating that they have activated a membership with their company and I needed to call and cancel the account by 5-11-07 or my account would be billed for 40.00 + 19.95 monthly account fee. I saw a check clear out of my account on 15 May 07 for 59.95 and had to request a copy of the check 3 times to verify who the check was to before finally getting it in the mail on 19 June.
I called three times to cancel this account and the third time was on 11 May 2007 and was given the cancellation code # J05TLGDIMI. I attempted several times to resolve this with the company and was offered free gas vouchers for $100.00 instead of a refund or I would have to submit my request in writing (Spoke to a women who claimed her name was Rawkeya Wright.
I asked her to speak to a manager and she would not allow me and began screaming at me on the phone and got very rude when I told her I did not want the gas vouchers I wanted her to return my money that they were not authorized to take out of my account. She hung up on me and I called back and spoke to a man named Amard Smith and he told me that I could not have a refund because I had to ask for a refund within 30 days and I did not. I told him what Ms. Wright said on the phone and also that she was very rude and asked again to speak to a manager.
I told him that I never authorized any money to be taken out of my account and that he should review the recorded phone conversation from 20 April where I clearly stated that I do not authorized any charges and was told that I would not be charged anything.
I would like my money to be returned to my account and this to be marked as a fraudulent charge on my account. I told them that I was going to contact my credit union to dispute the charge and that I was attempting to resolve the matter before I had to do that. They refused to accommodate my request so I am submitting that dispute and will also contact the Better Business Bureau. I am also sending them a copy of this letter.
Thank you for your attention to this matter,
Links for more information:
- Complaints about a company called Suntasia Marketing (changed name several times also goes by Strategia Marketing LLC. At strategia.com) that has been busted by BBB and Attorney General Flordia for consumer fraudSuntasia is concidently located at 8751 Ulmerton Road, Largo FL 33771-3832 and "Travel Direct" which I believe is one of their many front companys is located at 10500 Ulmerton Rd.-Ste 726-305 Largo, FL 33771
Better Business Bureau Alert
BBB report with long list of company names they have used:
These companies include, but may not be limited to:
1. Agents Travel, 3993 Tyrone Blvd, St Petersburg, FL, (800) 432-6350
2. Distinct Advantage, 10500 Ulmerton Rd Ste 726-302, Largo, FL, (866) 545-5486
3. Florida Passport, 6822 22nd Ave N PMB 432, St Petersburg, FL, (888) 612-2894
4. Floridaway Dream Escape, 2655 Ulmerton Rd Ste 407, Clearwater, FL, (888) 488-8770
5. Freedom Gold, 10500 Ulmerton Rd, Largo, FL, Ste 726-302, (800) 853-0473
6. Prism Communications, 3665 E Bay Dr Ste 201B, Largo, FL, (888) 694-9151
7. Teliflex Communications, 3303 Seffner Dr, Holiday, FL, (866) 821-8674
8. Travel Agents Go Direct, 11125 Park Blvd Ste 104-364, Seminole, FL, (888) 546-8844
9. VersaTalk, 3303 Seffner Dr, Holiday, FL, (877) 494-7363
10. Variety, 13785 Walsingham Rd Ste 113, Largo, 33774, (800) 869-2909
11. Credit Life, 10460 Roosevelt Blvd N Ste 312, Saint Petersburg, FL, (800) 869-2909
12. Freedom Ring, 13799 Park Blvd Ste 312, Seminole, FL 33776, (866) 405-3952
Strategia Marketing's complaint information is as follows:
When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.
The Bureau processed a total of 181 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 181 complaints closed in 36 months, 55 were closed in the last year.
- List of 12 complaints for Travel Life Go Direct
1664 Davidson Ave., Apt. 1B
Bronx NY 10453
June 2, 2007
Debit Card Fraud Department
Re: Control No. 71521623158
I am the victim of a fraud. A total of four e-checks totaling $260.85 have been charged to my Citibank account. I have complained to an investigator named John in your frauds department and he told me to write a letter to you with the relevant information.
Each of these e-checks has a number to call for information. I have called all the numbers. The pattern is the same. They will ask that, if you want a free trip to Orlando, Florida, please press 1 and so on
to 9. Finally, I got their customer service person on the line. They said that they had sent me an offer in the mail. When I did not decline the offer within seven business days, they had the right to charge my bank
account. The charges to my account come to a total of $260.85.
I asked them how they got my checking account number so as to be able to charge my account. They told me that they have co-operative arrangements with 50,000 different stores, including Home Depot and Walgreens, where they acquire information about customers in those
stores. They said that if I bought something in one of those stores and paid by check, then the store must have sold my bank account number to them and that this is perfectly legal.
I told them that this is not possible as I almost never write a check and when I buy something in a store I pay by cash or credit card, never by check. The only check I have written in recent years is to the United States Chess Federation and of course they would never sell
my checking account number.
Then they said that I must be buying something by Pay Direct, where an amount is deducted from my bank account. I told them that this is not possible either as I do not have any arrangements to pay for anything
by e-check and I never tell anybody my bank account number.
Here are the details on the four transactions. I demand that you refund my money and that you investigate and catch the culprits and put them in jail. Naturally, I am willing to testify in court.
Company Date Check
Number Amount Telephone number
Travel Life Go Direct 05-04-2007 CHECK No. 9798206 $
Florida Way Direct 05-17-2007 CHECK No. 9796885 $
Travel Life Go Direct 05-24-2007 CHECK No. 9796041 $
Lucid Long Distance 05-31-2007 CHECK No. 9797620 $
Very Truly Yours,
Samuel H. Sloan
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2007 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TRAVEL-LIFE-GO-DIRECT-SUNTASIA-MARKETING/Largo-Florida-33771/TRAVEL-LIFE-GO-DIRECT-SUNTASIA-MARKETING-STOLE-MONEY-OUT-OF-MY-BANK-ACCT-Several-Location-256182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)