Complaint Review: TRG Group

• Submitted: Fri, April 19, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, April 19, 2013

• Reported By: Mike10 — Geneva Illinois
TRG Group
2047 Westport Center Dr, Saint Louis MO Saint Louis, Missouri United States of America

TRG Group Victorinox brand luggage TRG Group refusing lifetime warranty repair on Victorinox luggage Saint Louis, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: TRG Group Impresses with exceptional service

Purchased Victorinox Mobilizer 22 luggage pc in Oct 2001. Great bag with what we thought was a lifetime warranty. On recent trip, the nylon fabric tore at the expansion zipper seam, making bag unusable.

Following directions on Victorinox website, took bag to local service and repair shop. They told me they could not fix it, recommended I send it directly to the company for repair. I called TRG Group, received RMA number, and shipped it to them at my expense.

They sent it back a few days later with note stating the luggage was un-repairable, and that the fabric tear was not covered by lifetime warranty. It was not a material or workmanship defect, it rather caused by normal wear and tear.

I called customer service and complained that fabric failure is a material defect. Ended up talking to customer service manager, who through the course of our conversation told me that everything wears out, and I should be satisfied with 11 years' service out of bag. [continued below]....
..... So much for LIFETIME warranty, with is why we paid 2-3 times the price of comparable bags!

I tried to post objective review on Victorinox website, but they refused to post it because it was inappropriate, since it contained customer service complaint. Their recommendation was to review their guidelines and resubmit my claim.

Turns out that Victorinox does not design or build these bags. They have licensed their brand to TRG Group, who also makes bags under 2 other brands. So it seems I have no recourse with Victorinox, who you would think would like to protect their high quality brand image. Instead I must try to convince a no-name manufacturer that they should honor their warranty on a Victorinox brand bag.

Let me know if anyone knows how to escalate my case above TRG Group to Victorinox!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TRG-Group/Saint-Louis-Missouri-63146/TRG-Group-Victorinox-brand-luggage-TRG-Group-refusing-lifetime-warranty-repair-on-Victorin-1044695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TRG Group

TRG Group Impresses with exceptional service

AUTHOR: steveb46 - ()

Purchased a Victorinox WT 24 Expandable Upright a number of years ago.  On a recent trip where the bag was handled by both the airline and cruise personel the main nylon zipper failed.

Remembering that a waranty might be in effect I hopped onto the internet and located the TRG Group.  My phone call to them was a very pleasent experience, a rarity these days.  The customer service rep was pleasant and precise. I received my RMA niumber and shipped the bag to them, at my expense.  I was hoping for a repair to my bag of choice.

A few days later I received the following email:

Dear Valued Victorinox Customer -
We have received your Victorinox Travel Gear in our repair center and have begun the process of
evaluating your item.
Any defects in materials and workmanship covered under warranty will be repaired by  3/13/14.
Please allow an additional 3-5 days for return shipping.
Should it be determined that the damage to your Victorinox Travel Gear is a result of wear and tear and
that your item can be repaired for a nominal charge, we will contact you to discuss repair options.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Service department at (DELETED) with any questions.
We value your loyalty and look forward to the opportunity to serve you.
Victorinox Travel Gear Customer Service

To my suprise I received a new bag today!  Not only a new bag, but delivery was up to 3 weekes sooner than expected!! In my book this is outstanding service.  I will recomend this company highly in the future.