Complaint Review: TRIBUTE MASTERCARD

• Submitted: Sat, May 12, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, May 12, 2007

• Reported By:LARGO Florida
TRIBUTE MASTERCARD
PO BOX 105555 ATLANTA, Georgia U.S.A.

TRIBUTE MASTERCARD MY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS CREDIT CARD COMPANY; BE WARNED! RIPOFF ATLANTA Georgia

*Consumer Comment: WHY SEND A CHECK?

*Consumer Comment: Many CC's have gone to 20-day billing

If you mail in a check payment, they tell you 7-10 business days to process. Customer service has no way to provide you any info on whether your payment has been received or not. Tribute uses a separate billing process service that is completely separate from Tribute Master Card.

Let's say your payment is due Jan 10. You mail in your payment Jan 4. Well since they can not verify receipt of your payment, then if that payment is lost in the mail, you get stuck with late fee's and a negative on your credit report.

A check payment I stopped payment on after 14 business days because they could not verify receipt. After I stopped payment, they attempted to cash the check and then hit me with a insufficient funds fee $35. Remember they process checks in 7-10 business days.

I called them beforehand to explain that I was stop payment on the check and re-issuing a new check. They then credited my account with the check payment that I put a stop payment on and then hit me with a $35 over limit fee! Read that right, the stop payment check they credited to my account anyway.

That new CERTIFIED check I issued in lieu of the stop payment, was Mailed April 20, 2007. As of Friday May 11, 2007 my account has not been credited with that payment nor can they verify receipt of that payment. I check with my bank and that CERTIFIED check has been processed as of May 2, 2007.

20% interest + $78/year "service" fee's and you need to avoid this company.

Phil
LARGO, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2007 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TRIBUTE-MASTERCARD/ATLANTA-Georgia-30348/TRIBUTE-MASTERCARD-MY-BAD-EXPERIENCE-WITH-THIS-CREDIT-CARD-COMPANY-BE-WARNED-RIPOFF-ATLA-1028855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TRIBUTE MASTERCARD

WHY SEND A CHECK?

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

They have FREE online payment option (which most of my credit cards don't, and they are not subprime). My stepdaughter got this card as a "starter" card, pays hers online on whatever day she sets it up for and has never had a late payment.

Many CC's have gone to 20-day billing

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

Funny thing is that it can take them 8 days to actually get the bill to me. I suppose they first have to make the paper, then they have to make the envelopes and billing forms, then they print the bills, and then (WHEW!) they actually mail the bills. I have changed my primary CC from a 'famous' bank's CC (well known here) to a credit union CC so that at least I get 1% of my charges returned to my account for my trouble. The interest rate is half as much as the 'famous' bank's, but I do not carry CC balances.