Complaint Review: TRIBUTE MASTERCARD

• Submitted: Tue, July 03, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, July 03, 2007

• Reported By:Lake Tahoe Nevada
TRIBUTE MASTERCARD
PO BOX 105555 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

TRIBUTE MASTERCARD Payments Never Posted Monthly Statements are No-Show Email's Unanswered Account Status Never Reported to Credit Agencies Compulsive Liars Utter and Absolute Misrepresentation ripoff Atlanta Georgia

**THIS IS A SUBPRIME, HIGH-RISK, CREDIT CARD COMPANY THAT PREYS ON CONSUMERS**.

After a long, lengthy, and expensive divorce from the demonic, Succubi, spawn, that is my X-wife, I attempted to use Tribute to help in rebuilding my credit. **BAD IDEA**

The fun began with my first $20 payment to activate my card. They never received the bill pay check my bank mailed them, so I finally had to pay via a ACH draft at their website. Two weeks later however, I find the canceled check sent to them by my bank. That was 5 months ago and im still fighting with them trying to get that $20 payment posted to my account. In fact that is the case with every payment they have received via US Mail. The only way they will post a payment to my account is if its made via their website (mytributecard).

To further complicate matters I have only received one detailed monthly statement after doing business with them for 5 months. I can find a broad strokes, total credit and debit statement on the website, but nothing showing my exacting account detail mailed to me each month like every other credit card provider on Earth.

When I call their customer service (<--oxymoron) phone number I get someone in New Delhi, with a speculative grasp on the English language at best. Who can tell me little more than I can find myself on their website. Certified, return receipt mail sent to the Corp. address in GA. goes unanswered as well as email questions and concerns submitted via their website.

All this is annoying and frustrating, but hey Im a sub-prime borrower, so I guess I take what I can get, at least its helping to rebuild my credit, right?

*NO, ITS NOT!!* After all this, I learn they have not reported my account (that I have jumped through their hoops to keep in good standing) to one of the big 3 credit reporting agencies, in the last 5 months.

I guess this whole experience has taught me 3 things. One, never ever get married, (but if your young, in love, and stupid, like I was, at least keep separate accounts). Two, I should have gone to law school so I could sue them myself, instead of forking out more good money to a shyster mouth-piece to do it for me. And Three, Don't ever do business with Tribute MasterCard. Just get a bank secured card and some secured signature lines, that will work just fine.

Chris
Lake Tahoe, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2007 10:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TRIBUTE-MASTERCARD/Atlanta-Georgia-30348/TRIBUTE-MASTERCARD-Payments-Never-Posted-Monthly-Statements-are-No-Show-Emails-Unanswered-258590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TRIBUTE MASTERCARD